GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Yours look great. I never use my backseat. I’m going to sell my old ones. someone might want to upgrade to moulded bolstered seats in a base car or autocross build.
Did you have cloth or leather seats? The leather seats i got are still in pretty good shape, no rips. They were just wet in the picture from me wiping them down, gonna spray some conditioner on them.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Did you have cloth or leather seats? The leather seats i got are still in pretty good shape, no rips. They were just wet in the picture from me wiping them down, gonna spray some conditioner on them.
I have the GTI plaid seats with the titan black cloth basically. I’ll have to wire for power because the A5 seats are, and I was manual seats. I need a leather armrest door card insets now 😂

I bought the ‘Chemical Guys’ cleaner and conditioner today, it was the highest quality stuff I saw at Canadian Tire. I’m not going to get them in until July, as I’m moving shortly.

Last edited:

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Haven't posted in a while so I'll update on everything since February lol. I drove to Florida and back which was fun! I redid my front suspension and got some larger 16 inch tires. So now my speedo will only read 3km off at 120km/h (123=120). I've also installed a climatic temperature controller. Still waiting on a temperature sensor.
IMG_20200521_070802.jpg
IMG_20200521_070723.jpg
IMG_20200521_065952.jpg

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
The Willy's is a '48 CJ2A. Been in the family sinse my dad was a kid. Sat in my grandmother's garage for 30 years before I got it and have slowly brought it back to life...
The Jeep looks great Chris. That baby must be great to cruise and hack around with in the OC.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry, I haven't forgotten my friends on this forum, I've been some what distracted with my new passion day trading stocks, the guy who now owns my 4C has been a great help.

A week ago my Son got called back to work in Guelph so we hurredly did some much need maintenance on the Golf, we changed out the right front wheel bearing that was making some noise over the winter, cleaned and lubed up the front brake sliders and gave her an oil change. Normally I would do all the work but this time my Son did the lions share (y). Doing front wheel bearings is getting easier for sure :giggle:

I think may have posted that we swapped the UM/HEP SRI back on the Golf at the begining of the "stay at home lockdown", my Son is now reporting a CEL, so we'll have to check that out when the Golf returns Home,

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Sorry, I haven't forgotten my friends on this forum, I've been some what distracted with my new passion day trading stocks, the guy who now owns my 4C has been a great help.

A week ago my Son got called back to work in Guelph so we hurredly did some much need maintenance on the Golf, we changed out the right front wheel bearing that was making some noise over the winter, cleaned and lubed up the front brake sliders and gave her an oil change. Normally I would do all the work but this time my Son did the lions share (y). Doing front wheel bearings is getting easier for sure :giggle:

I think may have posted that we swapped the UM/HEP SRI back on the Golf at the begining of the "stay at home lockdown", my Son is now reporting a CEL, so we'll have to check that out when the Golf returns Home,
-Good all is well Mark.

-268km....makes my girl seem like a spring chicken at 186km.

-Got the car undercoated at Krown yesterday. Did a decent detail job on the interior today as well. Enjoying the sub dollar premium as well...don't think we'll see that much longer now with Ontario opening up a bit more.

Last edited:

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
I never realized how many Canadian are actually on this subforum! I've been going out for really long rides recently, drove to port Elgin last weekend and back just for the Frick of it. 600km

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Same, many long drives to nowhere, and, I've been working the whole time. I've done about 16000km this year so far....ususally I'm 20k a year.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
-Oil change with LiquiMolygen + Mann filter

-New Bosch Hepa Cabin filter

-Tire rotation today

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
-Good all is well Mark.

-268km....makes my girl seem like a spring chicken at 186km....
We at ~265K km, mechanically the lil Golf is still very good, xcept for a couple of rust spots starting to show. VW painted the fenders under warranty but won't cover the rest of the sh!tty paint, which flakes off in areas around the heavy used areas like the doors and the hatch area around the VW badge/handle. :mad:

EDIT: Even with replacing the front wheel bearing last month the cost of maintenance, continues to be sooooo low, similar to a Honda or Toyota.... amazing!

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
which flakes off in areas around the heavy used areas like the doors and the hatch area around the VW badge/handle. :mad:

My hatch is exactly like this. Also the paint around rear wiper housing/third brake light is bubbling. 9 years in and this car loves to run hard...getting close to 800km a tank right now with 3/4 highway driving. Can't say enough about how great the car feels with the LiquiMoly Molygen!!

Like you said...just routine upkeep and staying in the service benchmark ballpark.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
My hatch is exactly like this. Also the paint around rear wiper housing/third brake light is bubbling. 9 years in and this car loves to run hard...getting close to 800km a tank right now with 3/4 highway driving. Can't say enough about how great the car feels with the LiquiMoly Molygen!!

Like you said...just routine upkeep and staying in the service benchmark ballpark.
800km , Wow, that's a lot, the best we did with the early 5 speed gearing is like 730km, and that's all highway and we overfilled the neck of the gas filler. Now with the SRI installed there is no chance we can get near those numbers.

Good job Ben.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
800km , Wow, that's a lot‘so , the best we did with the early 5 speed gearing is like 730km, and that's all highway and we overfilled the neck of the gas filler. Now with the SRI installed there is no chance we can get near those numbers.

Good job Ben.

These were/have been very idea conditions: around 20 celcius or below , pretty much the full tank exhausted plus the extra 4 litres in the neck, no AC, and just myself in the car with zero cargo, and it was 100km/hr average speed. Getting warmer now and the traffic is getting much heavier.

To your earlier point Mark....these i5’s are dynamic and just flat out run & run with zero grief.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Over 200k km (125k Miles) the rollers on the serpentine belt tensioners start to get noisy, you can change out just the faulty roller or change all the rollers and tensioners like I did.

EDIT: If anyone needs to replace a front wheel bearing, I got one, new in the box I can let go for $45 CAD

Last edited: