GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I was looking for just 6 single spokes, easier to clean I just like that look a alot. Ideally I coulda gotten some TE37s, but I didn't feel like taking out another mortgage.

What about the T6R?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
What about the T6R?
That does look like what I was going for, but it only comes in 18x8 with a 5x112 bolt pattern and I need an 18x8.5. The Rotiforms are already on there way though so no goin back now

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

+

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Feels great to be off the heavy detroits. went from 29 lb rimz to 21 lb. Car handles much better. Coils inbound.

edit:

here is a pic in the sun, you can see they arent black but a really dark matte grey. I think they called it anthracite something. any way they remind me of the BBS RCs that used to come on the mk4 GLI

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving year old oil no matter the mileage.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Picking up my GTI from the shop (Dubclinic) tomorrow. I had the following works done;
1. 40k mile service + DSG +Audi R8 Coils (version G) & plugs ; only 37k miles on odometer but decided to have this work done a little early due to the age of the car (MY2013)
2. H&R Front (26mm/hard) and Rear (22mm/hard) sway bars w/ Racingline drop links and Tyrolsports front and rear subframe collars and bolts
3. Racingline cup kit (Springs+shocks) + Euro bump stops + TTRS upper mounts w/ all new associated/recommended hardware
4. Alignment; I was worried about having all C C adjustments removed by the addition of subframe collars but the alignment results turned out to be just fine. It was done at a specialty bimmer shop.
I will find some time to describe my driving impression in my journal on this forum tomorrow.
At this juncture, I am not sure when I will be able to take the car to the tracks in my area so it will be a very limited review.
Very excited to have this major work done as part of my OEM+ project.

Next major work will most likely involve racingline brake kit + APR or Racingline Stage 1 + Ecstuning’s rear diffuser.
I may do MIB2 retrofit first if I end up finding a good deal on a unlocked kit. We will see....

Attachments

• 04752482-4E36-49B4-824B-5468F140A27B.jpeg
    04752482-4E36-49B4-824B-5468F140A27B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
  • 1DA41487-39F8-4441-BBE2-62F3ADB52A9A.jpeg
    1DA41487-39F8-4441-BBE2-62F3ADB52A9A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • D8A6306B-58C6-49AF-BF35-709643A44328.jpeg
    D8A6306B-58C6-49AF-BF35-709643A44328.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • C499D6F8-9674-467E-A664-F8607F0AC518.jpeg
    C499D6F8-9674-467E-A664-F8607F0AC518.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 53
  • F4B58CC8-3C35-401A-A65B-144EB7B99043.jpeg
    F4B58CC8-3C35-401A-A65B-144EB7B99043.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Damn this bitch is hot

torga

Autocross Champion
Picking up my GTI from the shop (Dubclinic) tomorrow. I had the following works done;
1. 40k mile service + DSG +Audi R8 Coils (version G) & plugs ; only 37k miles on odometer but decided to have this work done a little early due to the age of the car (MY2013)
2. H&R Front (26mm/hard) and Rear (22mm/hard) sway bars w/ Racingline drop links and Tyrolsports front and rear subframe collars and bolts
3. Racingline cup kit (Springs+shocks) + Euro bump stops + TTRS upper mounts w/ all new associated/recommended hardware
4. Alignment; I was worried about having all C C adjustments removed by the addition of subframe collars but the alignment results turned out to be just fine. It was done at a specialty bimmer shop.
I will find some time to describe my driving impression in my journal on this forum tomorrow.
At this juncture, I am not sure when I will be able to take the car to the tracks in my area so it will be a very limited review.

Next major work will most likely involve racingline brake kit + APR or Racingline Stage 1 + Ecstuning’s rear diffuser.
I may do MIB2 retrofit first if I end up finding a good deal on a unlocked kit. We will see....
I love big-batch work days like this. It'll feel like a brand new car!

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

Very nice list if mods , very similar to what I have done and I'm sure many others. Changing out the stock springs for some DG springs was my one of my favorite mods.

While I do enjoy my mib2 pq and don't plan getting rid of it . I think that for most the RCD330 will good enough.
Few drawback of the RCD 330 : the mic picks up more background noise, the non hd radio and the front usb port location.
I had the RCD 330 for a couple of years and was very happy with it , I'm keeping it as a backup unit .
Even though the MIB2 PQ has a slightly smaller screen at 6.33" I think the fact that I can reuse the original mic and have hd radio in addition to the screen resolution feeling a bit sharper. It was worth the upgraded. But I would only get a mib2 PQ if you can find a good deal on it . Otherwise go with the rcd330 it's way better than the rns315

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I love big-batch work days like this. It'll feel like a brand new car!
It does! 27 mile drive back home included 80% freeway (crappy Northern California freeway that is) and 20% local arteries (slightly better). It’s only slightly firmer than the stock suspension. The car definitely handles better. All upgraded parts appear to be working well with one another although I will wait till I get to take my car to a local track for a full assessment hopefully in the near future. The whole car now feels like a well-sorted sports car. It may sound funny but it kinda feels like a BMW w/ M-suspension; it’s firm but very solid in a good way. Definitely daily drivable. The tech told me that the car should feel a tad softer once the suspension system settles a bit. Is that true?
The shop took a bunch of pics during the work; I am going to update my journal with them later.
Here is the pic that I took at a gas stop on my way back home from the shop this morning. I like the drop; definitely not too low. Just enough to remove the ugly fender gaps.

Attachments

• FBDEEFE0-8997-47B4-80D4-9B000D14067A.jpeg
    FBDEEFE0-8997-47B4-80D4-9B000D14067A.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 91

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Very nice list if mods , very similar to what I have done and I'm sure many others. Changing out the stock springs for some DG springs was my one of my favorite mods.

While I do enjoy my mib2 pq and don't plan getting rid of it . I think that for most the RCD330 will good enough.
Few drawback of the RCD 330 : the mic picks up more background noise, the non hd radio and the front usb port location.
I had the RCD 330 for a couple of years and was very happy with it , I'm keeping it as a backup unit .
Even though the MIB2 PQ has a slightly smaller screen at 6.33" I think the fact that I can reuse the original mic and have hd radio in addition to the screen resolution feeling a bit sharper. It was worth the upgraded. But I would only get a mib2 PQ if you can find a good deal on it . Otherwise go with the rcd330 it's way better than the rns315
Thank for sharing your thoughts! I will definitely check out the RCD330 as well.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Installed screen protector, camera coming next weekend 🙂

Attachments

• PXL_20210423_192538378.jpg
    PXL_20210423_192538378.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
  • PXL_20210423_194009277.jpg
    PXL_20210423_194009277.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 66