Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Ahhh. Gotcha. Yeah mine is full power.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Yessir. I might drop it down to 34 and try. Tiresize recommends 34. But 35 feels good. Like you said > 35psi, gets rough.
It’s kinda weird right? Stiff yet rubbery. (That’s what she said)

What people *think* they feel is the sidewalls rolling over on these tires is actually just the part of the design to absorb road imperfections, I think. The sidewalls are plenty stiff. I drew some chalk lines on them for fun and took some fast off ramps and got just a little sidewall roll. My guess is the tire is just designed not to be darty or overly harsh and that comes across as a little bit rubbery. Not too surprising. All depends on your frame of reference. But when the tire is pushed, it loads up and feels much more connected.

I have mixed feelings. Part of me misses my v601’s that were more sharp and direct. But the ride quality and noise on the Contis is better. Can’t have both, I guess.

Last edited:

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
It’s kinda weird right? Stiff yet rubbery. (That’s what she said)

What people *think* they feel is the sidewalls rolling over on these tires is actually just the part of the design to absorb road imperfections, I think. The sidewalls are plenty stiff. I drew some chalk lines on them for fun and took some fast off ramps and got just a little sidewall roll. My guess is the tire is just designed not to be darty or overly harsh and that comes across as a little bit rubbery. Not too surprising. All depends on your frame of reference. But when the tire is pushed, it loads up and feels much more connected.

I have mixed feelings. Part of me misses my v601’s that were more sharp and direct. But the ride quality and noise on the Contis is better. Can’t have both, I guess.
Genuine question (no snark intended, I promise): it's possible to tell a difference in 1 psi? Maybe I'm not being precise enough filling up but I feel like that's within my margin for "meh, close enough". But I'm also on stock 225 Potenzas so generally will be a garbage ride no matter what I guess.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Genuine question (no snark intended, I promise): it's possible to tell a difference in 1 psi? Maybe I'm not being precise enough filling up but I feel like that's within my margin for "meh, close enough". But I'm also on stock 225 Potenzas so generally will be a garbage ride no matter what I guess.
what-no.gif

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Probably not in normal daily driving.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Lately I noticed that my driver side fog light started to sweat a little bit. Took it apart and resealed it.
BAB8398A-565F-4C51-A7DA-0CA9C2A35A14.jpeg
99B71395-2759-4EE6-8520-72BC5118BCF5.jpeg

While the inner fender was off I 👀 this:
327F24C2-1E11-4593-8280-152D4027172E.jpeg

A tree is growing in my car!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R