GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

eajr

Go Kart Champion

Couldn't find any GTI PP rear brakes used anymore, so I decided to just buy new from Germany. I ordered on Wednesday and got it delivered on Saturday.

Next up is to buy Macan front brakes. The sad part is I don't have wheels that will fit over the brakes so I need new wheels too.
Now that is some fast shipping :oops:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
More rubber = more better
View attachment 189344
Rs3 bushings will go in the arms this week, installed later this year with new knuckles and maybe a FSB and deadset kit. Trying to keep it all OEM+, more performance without a ton of NVH compromise.

If you want more negative camber than the CSS knuckles provide, the Eurosport camber kit doesn't add any NVH and uses the stock strut top.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
If you want more negative camber than the CSS knuckles provide, the Eurosport camber kit doesn't add any NVH and uses the stock strut top.

Yep I have a set of those as well. I don't love that they make the spring and shaft non-concentric (well, even less than they normally are) but might be worth the compromise. Going to try running with just the CSS knuckles and see how that goes for tire wear. If I end up doing more HPDE events than autox I'll probably add them.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
love seeing people get the superpin. still my favorite mod.
Yeah excited for it, I was trying to dial in a perfect alignment the other day and I emailed jim a question and he actually called me talked to me for 15min about dialing it in and then about the zip tie mod and how I won’t need it with my 2019 box.

customer for life cause that type of effort.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Yeah excited for it, I was trying to dial in a perfect alignment the other day and I emailed jim a question and he actually called me talked to me for 15min about dialing it in and then about the zip tie mod and how I won’t need it with my 2019 box.

that's awesome! I actually called Jim and talked to him on the phone once too, super helpful, clear that he is passionate and cares about his products.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I spoke in the gym to Jim on the phone a couple times, once with the sigma five on my MK4 and then with the sigma 6 on my mk7. Awesome support. For those that have done the super pin, did you also do the zip tie mod? I still have my center console removed so I can do it I just don't know how I feel about taking a Dremel to the thing. On the other hand I don't plan to ever remove the center console again...

If anybody has experience or tips for the zip tie thing I guess shoot me a PM so we can keep this one on topic.

Last edited:

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I spoke in the gym on the phone a couple times, once with the sigma five on my MK4 and then with the sigma 6 on my mk7. Awesome support. For those that have done the super pin, did you also do the zip tie mod? I still have my center console removed so I can do it I just don't know how I feel about taking a Dremel to the thing. Another hand I don't plan to ever remove the center console again...

If anybody has experience or tips for the zip tie thing I guess shoot me a PM so we can keep this one on topic.
I did the zip tie mod, can't say whether or not it made much of a difference, but didn't want to pass on the opportunity while my console was out. I followed Jim's direction and drew a line with a paint pen then dremel'd it out. Secured it with a heavy duty zip tie and tightened it down as much as I could. Overall glad I did it, but like I said, doing it at the same time as the superpin it's hard to say for sure what it did.

Jim posted a new video recently with an "upgraded" zip tie mod, might be worth looking into if you can afford to have your console removed for a few days longer:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI

What is the zip tie mod? I wonder if the same applies to 2018 boxes.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Last variables left for any potential slop in my shifter. metal cable Bracket/ bracket bushings/ DG super pin. Already have the sigma 6 and Dg shaft bushing installed.
View attachment 189596

What do these things do that the sigma ssk doesn't already address?

Not the superpin. I know what that's for. What does that bracket and bushings do?

I've done ssk, ss clutch line, delay and swirl valve deletes. Its pretty good now. Preettaaay preeettaaaayyy good.