GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you miss from your previous car?

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Though I love my new GTI it will never have the same sound that my previous car did. 2000 Celica GTS, the sound of the 2ZZ engine with a CAI and a good exhaust screaming from 6K to 8K+ RPM is a thing of beauty. There is a reason there are so many Youtube vids of guys running through the gears in their 2ZZ powered cars.

AM407

Autocross Champion
I hear you...

My last car was a 1999 Civic SiR. B16A2 with Comptech I/H/E. Yes, that run from 6-8,000 rpm was spine tingling. Like a swarm of angry mechanical hornets screaming to get loose under the hood.

And only 2,600 lb, too. GTI feels like a tank in comparison.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Yes my Celica was only 2500 lbs. It was fun to toss around. On the bright side I gave it to my son so if I really get nostalgic I can just tell him to bring it over so I can go for a drive:LOL:.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I didn't care much for my 2012 Passat, but the one thing I miss is climatronic. It was the best A/C system I've ever had in a car. Our recent Nissans have also had dual-zone automatic climate control, but it's not as good. VW's was the only one I've experienced that's truly "set it and forget it."

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Rear wheel drive. My wife still has the car a 2006 325i so I can drive. It is not nearly as fun or quick as the GTI, but rear drive is a different experience.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Remote start with 1/4mi range.

/list

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The hydraulic steering and oversteer. It was an STR prepped NC Miata.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
MK4 GLI 6 speed. I miss the air ride I had

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Supercharger whine from my cobalt ss

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I do miss the plushness my Saab offered and still slapped some cars around. Bilstein shocks/struts w/ H&R springs.. Chipped to 270HP with res delete; upgraded brakes. Drop the seats and it swallowed cargo with ease..

I should have K04'd ...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
A non leaking water pump housing.

Cargo capacity /versatility

Honda Fit

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Memory seats