GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you miss from your previous car?

Latron

Master of oil top off
I miss the sound of my last car. 2009 Eclipse GT 6 speed. Had a custom exhaust. Also it used no oil EVER!! 160,xxx miles and it would go 7500 miles with no oil used. Most reliable car Ive ever owned.

autonoob

Passed Driver's Ed
We still have the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, but it's my brother's car now. Kinda miss the off-road adventure using this jeep.

torga

Autocross Champion
I miss my 1995 Celica. The engine wasn't much to write home about, but everything else about the car was so tight. Loved the sized, loved the seating position, loved getting mistaken for a Supra 😂

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I miss my 1995 Celica. The engine wasn't much to write home about, but everything else about the car was so tight. Loved the sized, loved the seating position, loved getting mistaken for a Supra 😂

I always loved those 90s Celicas. My dad had a '91 when I was younger. Super Red II, looked amazing, and was a lot of fun to ride in (assuming you weren't in the back). That was also at the peak of Toyota reliability and ease of maintenance.

If I had the time and money to take it on as a project car, I would buy an ST205 in an instant. With the 25-year rule they're starting to come onto the import market.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Automatic Climate Control. Pretty disappointing you have to go to Autobahn trim to get it.
I have a 2013 autobahn and it still doesn’t have the climate control, or memory seats. My wife’s 2006 Jetta SEL has both. 🙄

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Reliability through anything. Acura never failed me until I finally drove both my 02 TL and then 05 TSX into the ground. GTI is way more fun hands down, but has a temperament!

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Changed my mind. I miss putting my key into the middle console and when shutting it off locking my gear selector in place with the key pulled out.

Saab 9-3.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I worked at a car wash for my first job. I remember being very puzzled at the first Saab that I had to pull into the wash bay. 😂

torga

Autocross Champion
I always loved those 90s Celicas. My dad had a '91 when I was younger. Super Red II, looked amazing, and was a lot of fun to ride in (assuming you weren't in the back). That was also at the peak of Toyota reliability and ease of maintenance.

If I had the time and money to take it on as a project car, I would buy an ST205 in an instant. With the 25-year rule they're starting to come onto the import market.
Yup, had mine for 10 years. Loved that thing to pieces! The US market really got the shit end of the stick when it came to engines for that generation -- either you got a 100hp 1.8L 7A-FE Corolla engine (mine), or a 130hp 2.4L 5S-FE Camry engine. The Japanese market got a 165hp 2.0L 3S-GE, a 200hp 2.0L 3S-GE with VVTi-ish (known as the BEAMS), and finally the 250hp 2.0L 3S-GTE with AWD.
They are coming in at reasonable prices. I'm seeing importers (on the pricey side) list them for 13-17 depending on if it's a base ST205 or a WRC edition. Always wanted to own one, and potentially do the full swap. But the more I looked into it, the more it was gonna cost to do it right. Just a few more K than the full swap and you could get a real, legitimate ST205.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Hydraulic steering, shifter feel (even if it vibrated like crazy, it was still far more direct) and memory seats--G37 4 door 6mt.