GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What hobbies do you have

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
I was a homebrewer for years but that became difficult with 2 little ones. Now we have a couple raised beds and grow all kinds of food year round. Heres one of the watermelons from this summer.
20200904_185224.jpg

Last edited:

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Been getting into wood working over the past year or so. Refinished a few dressers, built a couple things, and tinkered with shou sugi ban techniques. Finally upgraded some tools very recently so I'm hoping to get into some cooler builds but here's a picture of my favorite piece so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20200822_114159.jpg
    IMG_20200822_114159.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 220

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I was a homebrewers for years but that became difficult with 2 little ones. Now we have a couple raised beds and grow all kinds of food year round. Heres one of the watermelons from this summer.View attachment 189017

That's awesome. Tried growing a few a things this year. First had to reseed 3 times because kids kept killing my seedlings. Finally, was able to transplant to outside garden in May.
Here's the results:
Cucumber - 4 plants survived. Zero fruit.
Tomato - 6 plants. 3 fruits.
Parsley, basil and cilantro did great.
Watermelon - huge vines. Tons of flowers. No fruit.
Squash - nothing

Note we have a shortage of bees, so have to manually pollinate with a brush, but to get no fruit after all that effort just really sucks.

Any tips?

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
That's awesome. Tried growing a few a things this year. First had to reseed 3 times because kids kept killing my seedlings. Finally, was able to transplant to outside garden in May.
Here's the results:
Squash - nothing

Note we have a shortage of bees, so have to manually pollinate with a brush, but to get no fruit after all that effort just really sucks.

Any tips?
Best way to get them to produce is to manually pollinate with a small paint brush or Q-Tip. We have the kids do it they love it😂 And if you have room for a compost I highly recommend its literally black gold for plants. And plant a bunch of different stuff, some years certain plants do better than others. There are also flowers that can be planted in/around vegetables that can be beneficial like marigolds and nasturtiums.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Past:

-MX & GNCC racing 250B, 450B, XC2B classes

-BMX

-Wakeboarding

-Snowboarding

-Sportbike

-Off roading

-camping

-shooting

-fishing

Present

-Fabrication

-Race car stuff (jk, just Mk7 stuff lol)

Id still love to do all of the stuff I used to enjoy regularly pre 2013, but being a father has taken priority over all of that so naturally times been flying by and we do stuff they can be a part of.

torga

Autocross Champion
My main hobby is drowning myself in car research of any kind. I'm a big Formula 1 fan as well, too competitive with karts, and will probably buy an NB Miata to K swap when I have a garage of my own.

My only other main hobby is photography. Half of these were taken with my DSLR, and half with my phone. "The best camera is the one you've got with you", so I make sure to have a phone with a high-end camera and great imaging software (Google Pixel is killing it right now).

As for other things, I hike, love to camp, I game a bit, I enjoy building PCs, I have recently gotten into semi-high-end audio equipment, I enjoy movies and anime. Anime/manga is probably the third subject I know most about, behind cars and photography.

_MG_0362.jpg

IMG_20200614_105257-01-01.jpeg

IMG_20191004_185043-01.jpeg

IMG_20200110_102340_578.jpg

IMG_6530-01-01.jpeg

Attachments

• _MG_2159.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 298
  • _MG_0760-01-01.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 310
Last edited:

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
work has kept me busy the last few years so hobbies have kind of fallen away, but main hobbies have been
RC Cars competitive racing and later trail trucks
mountain biking
static model building-all cars and mostly racing
woodworking-built some furniture and home improvements
reading- now lots of track driving theory and technique
There are others ion there those have been consistent over the years

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
My main hobby is drowning myself in car research of any kind. I'm a big Formula 1 fan as well, too competitive with karts, and will probably buy an NB Miata to K swap when I have a garage of my own.

My only other main hobby is photography. Half of these were taken with my DSLR, and half with my phone. "The best camera is the one you've got with you", so I make sure to have a phone with a high-end camera and great imaging software (Google Pixel is killing it right now).

As for other things, I hike, love to camp, I game a bit, I enjoy building PCs, I have recently gotten into semi-high-end audio equipment, I enjoy movies and anime. Anime/manga is probably the third subject I know most about, behind cars and photography.

View attachment 189097

View attachment 189100

View attachment 189098

View attachment 189099

View attachment 189102
These pictures are sick! Well done

GolNat

Autocross Champion

View attachment 189097

View attachment 189100

View attachment 189098

View attachment 189099

View attachment 189102

Yeah man great photos!!

Do you process the RAW images?

torga

Autocross Champion
Yeah man great photos!!

Do you process the RAW images?
Thank you!
I only do RAW with my DSLR. My phone can do RAW as well, but most of a phone's photography strength comes from the software/post-processing that happens immediately after a shot, imo.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Here's the results:
Squash - nothing

Any tips?

I have great luck with cherry tomato plants just rubbing the flowers together gently. Ends up growing tomatoes like a grape vine. For the plants with fewer flowers spread farther apart I agree with using a Q-tip or a cotton ball.

autonoob

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't believe that I will enjoy helping my friend modify his 2017 Ram 3500. I am currently searching for a set of dually wheels which he wants to install on his rig. He will use it to tow his RV since he loves going on an adventure with his family. I will try to take some photos of this project and share it with you guys.

Last edited:

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Gambling
Cooking outdoors: grilling, wok, cast iron, and carbon steel
Getting old. Used to go beach all the time and 10 years ago tried to do a flip over a wave and almost snapped my neck. My bmx and drift trike just sits under tarps now. No more roller rinks here anymore since the mid 80's.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
So many, but never enough time to do everything I want. I need to win the lottery so I can stop working or we need to go to a 36 hour day. LOL

Biggest hobbies are Cars and Computers. I end up going in cycles, when I got the GTI back in '12 I spent all my time and money on it and enjoying it didn't do hardly any computer projects. Then when I traded it in a few years later and had no interest in modding the S3 I dove into computers again but got sidetracked by building a starting gun collection. Now I bought the R and I am back into cars full steam, but am working on a 24TB NAS server build with a Thinkserver I got for $100 and have a HP Proliant server I got refurbed for $300 I plan to setup as a video editor box, should be nice with 24 threads of Xeon goodness. Plus, I am thinking about running CAT7 to every room in the house linked to a Gig switch in the basement. lol

If I ever get time I love hiking and camping (wife veto's camping, won't go any place without running water lol), sailing, photography, and travel. I would love to road trip every state (Hawaii doesn't count obviously, and Alaska is a maybe) and just see this country.......you know, while visiting and driving on every race track I can find. :cool: