GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is the Difference between GTI and Golf R flywheel

Ellitey

Does anyone know the difference between the GTI and the Golf R flywheel?

They have two different part numbers:
06J-105-266-AL (GTI)
06K-105-266-H (R)

In the VW system, the R is cheaper (at the moment - when new parts come out, they are cheaper sometimes, but then price adjust. We all think the R flywheel will be more expensive in the end).

The reason I'm asking is I'd like to install the Sachs SRE clutch and pressure plate. I don't want to deal with the issues that some have been having with a SMFW (surging, noise etc.).

So, if I have to replace my flywheel, I'd like to get the best DMFW I can. If the R uses different materials that make it better, I'd rather use that instead (doesn't hurt that it's cheaper as well).

Of does anyone have a viable aftermarket piece that won't cause issues that I mentioned above?

I'm going to end up going Stage 1 with an intercooler. While I'm doing the clutch, I'm going to install a Peloquin Diff as well.

Wisebrady

Does anyone know the difference between the GTI and the Golf R flywheel?

They have two different part numbers:
06J-105-266-AL (GTI)
06K-105-266-H (R)

In the VW system, the R is cheaper (at the moment - when new parts come out, they are cheaper sometimes, but then price adjust. We all think the R flywheel will be more expensive in the end).

The reason I'm asking is I'd like to install the Sachs SRE clutch and pressure plate. I don't want to deal with the issues that some have been having with a SMFW (surging, noise etc.).

So, if I have to replace my flywheel, I'd like to get the best DMFW I can. If the R uses different materials that make it better, I'd rather use that instead (doesn't hurt that it's cheaper as well).

Of does anyone have a viable aftermarket piece that won't cause issues that I mentioned above?

I'm going to end up going Stage 1 with an intercooler. While I'm doing the clutch, I'm going to install a Peloquin Diff as well.
This is something along the lines of what I've been thinking of too. I'm thinking of the Wavetrac diff though. Any particular reason you're going with Peloquin?

bfury5

Drag Racing Champion
If you go to the Sachs website (they make the OEM flywheel) you can see some of the differences. If you look at the clutch discs you can see they have a slightly different OD and ID when comparing the GTI to the R. I'm not 100% sure that's the only difference, but it could be one reason.

GTI (OD 9 29/64")
Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 11.01.39 AM.png

R (OD 9 3/8")

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 11.03.23 AM.png