GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is with the matte obsession?

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Anyone care to inform me how this whole matte craze has come to be?

Why is anything shiny "cheap"?

Is this another American thing much like how we hate all things that are not black, white, or some shade of gray?

I sometimes wonder if the ultimate American aesthetic would be a large dull gray blob :lol:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Add stance
Add neon
Add loud exhaust
Add obnoxious Plasti-dip colors on wheels/cars
Add obnoxious stickers such as "no fat chix, shocker, I <3 VAG"

All of it is done for some weird attention gathering.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
When I saw some threads on here about Plastidipping your entire CAR....I was just wut? Covering new paint with black plastic?

Hint: Judges at the Pebble Beach Concours D' Elegance do not find that Plasti Dipping your Ferrari GTO makes it looks better.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Because racecar?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
matte black and gun metal wheels started being "cool" about 5 years ago or so... personally, for me, it depends on the car's color for how they look. And I'm very picky w/ that shit and wheel designs in general.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Those same people will ask whats your obsession with whatever it is you have or like. Everyone has their preferences so just move on and be who you want to be!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Those same people will ask whats your obsession with whatever it is you have or like. Everyone has their preferences so just move on and be who you want to be!

indeed... I heard Troy listens to Dubstep :iono: so yeah... the proof's in the puddin'.....

Dubpower786

Ready to race!
I guess thats what it comes down to, to each their own. On some cars it may look ridiculous but on others, actually worth a second look.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Different strokes for different folks.... One man's Bolgna is another man's steak.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
flat black spinners and some phat beats is how I roll

Actually I'm just old, apparently. I think the definition of "cheap" has just been changed kind of like "swag" apparently no longer means random free stuff.

So when people insist that a 5 minute plasti-dip job looks "less cheap" than a factory chrome finish, they are really meaning something entirely different. Or maybe they mean it is "less cheap" in that it cost what the original part cost PLUS the cost of the plasti-dip, making it indeed less cheap than just leaving the factory finish.

topdawgx99

Passed Driver's Ed
Different strokes for different folks.... One man's Bolgna is another man's steak.

what? bologna and steak are actual things. one man's trash is another man's treasure can be used because it's subjective...

that being said, i've only seen one good looking plastidipped car... it was on a porsche 997

walker

Go Kart Newbie
My glasses are Matte black, I'm that hardcore

It's just the style, it's "in"

I just got new frames. Definitely gonna plasti-dip my old ones. They already have MK6 plaid on them.