GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What method of payment does everyone use?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
You're right about PayPal and sellers. I sold a perfect smartphone and the buyer opened a claim with PayPal and said that the screen was scratched and it was not. I had to refund the purchase and received the phone back with a scratched screen that wasn't like that when I sent it. I had a tempered glass screen protector on the phone that was gone when I got it back.
I had no idea such a scam even existed. I assume they kept your phone and returned you their same model with the gouged screen.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I had no idea such a scam even existed. I assume they kept your phone and returned you their same model with the gouged screen.
No, I'm guessing that he just didn't like the phone and purposely scratched the screen. That's the only thing that makes sense because he would have had to remove the tempered glass screen protector to scratch it and then couldn't get the TGSP back on. It was one of the Whitestone Dome screen protectors that gets glued on and uses an ultraviolet light to seal it.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
No, I'm guessing that he just didn't like the phone and purposely scratched the screen. That's the only thing that makes sense because he would have had to remove the tempered glass screen protector to scratch it and then couldn't get the TGSP back on. It was one of the Whitestone Dome screen protectors that gets glued on and uses an ultraviolet light to seal it.
I guess it makes sense that he regretted the purchase and purposely damaged it to make it returnable. Hmm :unsure:

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
You're right about PayPal and sellers. I sold a perfect smartphone and the buyer opened a claim with PayPal and said that the screen was scratched and it was not. I had to refund the purchase and received the phone back with a scratched screen that wasn't like that when I sent it. I had a tempered glass screen protector on the phone that was gone when I got it back.
That sucks, I've heard some seriously sketchy stories. Buyers sending back a box of rocks, completely different products, etc and PayPal still sides with them despite proof of fraud.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Unless it's something of low value or small it's local pickup and venmo/cash only.

Have done some PayPal transactions but it can be just as easy to get screwed using PayPal if the person is nefarious enough.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
That's crazy. I haven't even thought of that as a possibility.

I've sold phones & computers for pretty high dollar amounts. I do take pictures of them before I package them showing IMEI or serial number, but don't know how useful that would be in a dispute.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
That's crazy. I haven't even thought of that as a possibility.

I've sold phones & computers for pretty high dollar amounts. I do take pictures of them before I package them showing IMEI or serial number, but don't know how useful that would be in a dispute.
It didn't help me. The buyer said that the scratch on the phone screen wasn't visible in pictures.