GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What next after stage 2?

jeter1

I just went stage 2 the other day and I dont really know what there is to do next I'm new to this car thing I guess you can say. Just want to see what other people have done after stage 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natemk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I just went stage 2 the other day and I dont really know what there is to do next I'm new to this car thing I guess you can say. Just want to see what other people have done after stage 2

I have a downpipe at my house waiting to be installed so I can go stage two. After that I plan to do a few supporting mods but once I get those out of the way I will probably focus more on aesthetic and tech things. I would like to go f23t at some point, but that's a good chunk of change and a pretty far away on my mod timeline.

If you're strictly talking power the next step is probably k04, f23t, or some other big turbo upgrade

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I would save up for an LSD before looking for more power. You have to be able to put the power down too not just add power. Look into an intercooler upgrade as well and tires if you already don't have some grippy ones. Stage 2 can be really torquey if you get too excited on the throttle lol

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
If you don't live in California or a state that has strict emissions I say throw the biggest turbo on that you can afford otherwise if you want a somewhat tame car then get a k04/f23t

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
If you don't live in California or a state that has strict emissions I say throw the biggest turbo on that you can afford otherwise if you want a somewhat tame car then get a k04/f23t

Big turbo cars tend to have better street drivability vs k04. k04 is always ready to go so a lot of power down low.. where as the big turbo needs time to make power so better/easier driving in city stuff.

just my opinion.

I agree though if you are already tired of stage 2 and have all the supporting mods... mounts, intercooler, etc then go k04 or stage 3 or custom.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
If manual - clutch/flywheel, short shifter, heavy weight knob

Suspension, wheels, tires, dogbone mount, motor mounts, rear sway bar, rear hatch brace, intake, catback exhaust, diverter valve maybe, intercooler, LSD, water/meth, bigger brakes

Headlights, tail lights, front lip, led interior kit, under seat drawers, euro cup holder, dash cubby, new speakers, amp/sub, headunit, side markers, rear emblem inlay.

Everything I could think of off the top of my head lol

jeter1

If manual - clutch/flywheel, short shifter, heavy weight knob

Suspension, wheels, tires, dogbone mount, motor mounts, rear sway bar, rear hatch brace, intake, catback exhaust, diverter valve maybe, intercooler, LSD, water/meth, bigger brakes

Headlights, tail lights, front lip, led interior kit, under seat drawers, euro cup holder, dash cubby, new speakers, amp/sub, headunit, side markers, rear emblem inlay.

Everything I could think of off the top of my head lol

Lol thanks a lot man this will definitely help

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Everything in my sig:D

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
After Stage 2, I toyed with the idea of a K04, but then realized that I really wanted something RWD, preferably with a V8. I'd also consider something with AWD, and possibly the Golf R, but I'm done adding power to my GTI because the road just doesn't hold the level I have now very well.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I'm done after Stg2. I'm generally not all that impressed with it and don't feel like pursuing more power with this car. I still feel like my stock SRT-4 was so much faster than this Stg2, but it's been awhile so it could just be in my head.

I think my next car will def be AWD. I bought this car primarily because I drove far distance to my job but now that I got a real close job to home, I could afford to lose some of the MPG to have AWD.

The Focus RS has been on my mind A LOT lately...

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'm done after Stg2. I'm generally not all that impressed with it and don't feel like pursuing more power with this car. I still feel like my stock SRT-4 was so much faster than this Stg2, but it's been awhile so it could just be in my head.

I think my next car will def be AWD. I bought this car primarily because I drove far distance to my job but now that I got a real close job to home, I could afford to lose some of the MPG to have AWD.

The Focus RS has been on my mind A LOT lately...

Do ettt.

the RS looks nice

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
Best thing I've done since stage II was getting summer tires. Huge difference. Then again I live in Florida so I can rock em year round.. Also though I did get a new coil pack. No noticeable difference but good to do for engine wear and super easy to do yourself + not too expensive.

Up next for me is aesthetics. Just order two rolls of vinyl and some special tools. Getting creative with it here shortly.

For suspension though I'd highly recommend the HR Sports. It's just over a 1 inch drop and the ride quality is close to factory. Also did 10 and 15 mm spaces.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Best thing I've done since stage II was getting summer tires. Huge difference. Then again I live in Florida so I can rock em year round.. Also though I did get a new coil pack. No noticeable difference but good to do for engine wear and super easy to do yourself + not too expensive.

Up next for me is aesthetics. Just order two rolls of vinyl and some special tools. Getting creative with it here shortly.

For suspension though I'd highly recommend the HR Sports. It's just over a 1 inch drop and the ride quality is close to factory. Also did 10 and 15 mm spaces.

What tires did you get? It seems like the best thing for stage 2 is to get tires to put the torque down in 1st-2nd gear.