GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What should I be asking for my 2017 GTI Sport

upsh1ft

Hi all, I would like to sell my 2017 GTI Sport to a private party as I am getting too old to drive a manual as a daily driver
Not really sure what would be the fair asking price so would appreciate your help

2017 GTI Sport, carbon grey, 6sp
Purchased 9/10/2016, car never left California
59800 miles
Good condition, had rear bumper cover replaced (got rear ended) and rear passenger door scratch fixed (scraped against concrete column)
I have pictures or repairs.
No mods except currently on 17" Enkei wheels (I have original 18" wheels)
Driven conservatively (I'm 57) mostly commuting
Never had a single issue with the car, all oil changes done on time. Will be doing oil change and brake flush at 60K
Thanks a lot

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Look up the KBB price and add a couple thousand since used car prices are high right now.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Used car prices are all over the place now.

Looking through multiple sites for similar vehicles (Autotrader, Cargurus) might give you a better idea. Also you can get an offer for your vehicle through an online vendor like Carvana and list it a little higher than that.

cb1111

Used car prices are all over the place now.

Looking through multiple sites for similar vehicles (Autotrader, Cargurus) might give you a better idea. Also you can get an offer for your vehicle through an online vendor like Carvana and list it a little higher than that.
Right. Get multiple quotes from companies like Carvana, vroom, Webuyanycar etc. and you'll see a whole range of offers. Then, go on the site and check the sales prices - price your car somewhere in-between.

Did you pull a CARFAX to see what is reported about your bumper?

gmgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Get an offer from Vroom or Carvana (takes 5 min)

My father in law and I each recently sold a car to Vroom for what we thought were extremely high values.

3underpar

Car(s)
Mk7.5 gti
High teens.

I got 13.7 for my no accident, entirely stock, 39.9k mile 2017 S (DSG). i think only options were monster mats. this was at carmax though, and in april (2020). not sure about current market or private party prices. not disagreeing just adding for frame of reference.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I got 13.7 for my no accident, entirely stock, 39.9k mile 2017 S (DSG). i think only options were monster mats. this was at carmax though, and in april (2020). not sure about current market or private party prices. not disagreeing just adding for frame of reference.
You probably got unlucky selling back at the beginning of the craziness.

3underpar

Car(s)
Mk7.5 gti
You probably got unlucky selling back at the beginning of the craziness.
Probably yes but mine was also an S, not a sport. Sport should be more valuable by a fair bit. The offer on mine was above kbb by a grand at least I think