GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Let work get in the way of a family trip to Disney. The last vacation my mom took, and would have been the only one I could have gone on with her and my nephews.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Let work get in the way of a family trip to Disney. The last vacation my mom took, and would have been the only one I could have gone on with her and my nephews.
Bro...

You took what should have been a stupid shit-post and turned it into a full-on feels moment. I feel like an ass.

Hope you're doing well.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Woah. I wasn't ready for that.

On a serious note, I guess: I probably fuck around on my phone too much lately, and could probably be playing with my kid more. He's only 3 once.

Take care all.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Jagerbombs

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Bro...

You took what should have been a stupid shit-post and turned it into a full-on feels moment. I feel like an ass.

Hope you're doing well.
You didn't qualify what kind of dumbest! I don't do a lot of dumb shit, I live dumb shit... so the bar is infinitely higher for me.

Maybe I'll post a video of the drive to breakfast tomorrow in dad's new toy. Smart money says I'm going to stop modifying my VW and buy a project car to try to hang. That will potentially be the dumbest thing I'll ever do.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
30 year mortgage instead of a 15. :/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
31 years in the military, 15 years with a defense contractor, three wives. I put country and duty first, neglected my family. In the end the military industrial complex is a cold bitch and feeds on bodies, doesn't care about your soul. At 71 I have made peace with that, btw I spend a lot of my energy as an anti war protester.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Putting all my effort into someone who didnt deserve it, loosing myself in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Sheesh - you guys are all depressing....

I tried to bring home a 3 ton, 22' long 1962 Cadillac Hearse with a little u-haul trailer, and a 1/2 ton truck (long story why.)

The hearse was so long, that the back wheels wouldn't fit on the trailer. I put some blocks under the frame and let the back end hang way off.

Over some hilly terrain, on the first downhill, the truck and trailer started fishtailing (bad). I had to steer back and forth, left to right, lock to lock, to keep from going down long embankment (autocross skills for the win.) The trailer had surge brakes, so hitting the brakes would have made things worse.

Once I got it slowed down, I turned around, and slowly drove back to the small town where I bought it. I had to pay someone to keep it for a week, until I could come back with an appropriate setup to get it home.

Here it is, being unloaded from the Penske truck I rented the next week.

Last edited:

Cjburn

Passed Driver's Ed
My ex-girlfriend named Mindy. DUMBEST "thing" I have ever done. I dumped her after she hated the movie Office Space, a very good thing.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I dumped her after she hated the movie Office Space, a very good thing.

That's a felony in some states :D

Now, onto dumbest thing:

Drifting my old B2600 with someone in the bed. Lucky for my Dumas and him, no one, namely him was injured.