GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the thought on a 2016 Volvo s60 polestar?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Does that truly matter for the daily when you have a fun "weekend" car (your GTI) with the 6MT?
I think it does, but I also feel like I'm maybe outgrowing the GTI a bit... I don't know, I'm conflicted. Saw an S6 the other day (before I thought they were boats) - looked at it, and was like, man, that must be comfortable. In an ideal world, I find a nice, performance based, comfortable, powerful and manual sedan.

Like the blackwing: https://www.cadillac.com/sedans/ct5-v-blackwing

But, unfortunately, it is beyond what I would be comfortable spending.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I think it does, but I also feel like I'm maybe outgrowing the GTI a bit... I don't know, I'm conflicted. Saw an S6 the other day (before I thought they were boats) - looked at it, and was like, man, that must be comfortable. In an ideal world, I find a nice, performance based, comfortable, powerful and manual sedan.

Like the blackwing: https://www.cadillac.com/sedans/ct5-v-blackwing

But, unfortunately, it is beyond what I would be comfortable spending.

At least you lasted longer than I did once throwing in a hybrid 🤣

Daks

Autocross Champion
At least you lasted longer than I did once throwing in a hybrid 🤣
GTI is fine, sunroof is leaking, which is pissing me off, drivers side footwell LED is out, which is pissing me off, needs new struts, but since i have dcc they're like 3k, which is pissing me off, can't figure out that misfire at high rpm on cyl 3, which is pissing me off, it's winter time, which is pissing me off. Once the spring comes, i'll feel better about it i think cause i'll start fixing some of these issues; but its a six year old car that's been through six canadian winters... know what I mean? At age six is when I usually say bye to them; but I shouldn't. I should keep it for another two years.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
All the DSG bois are creaming themselves over this CT5-V's stats. 20lb difference between auto and manual with the manual being .2 seconds slower to 60.

1675952005881.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I'd suggest an Alfa Giuila Quadrifoglio, but only Europe gets them with a 6MT. 500hp from the factory, look sharp, and sound great. And since they have some of the worst depreciation I've ever seen, you can get a lightly used one that had a $90k sticker price for $40k!

On second thought, there's probably a reason for that 😂

Thumper

Autocross Champion
All the DSG bois are creaming themselves over this CT5-V's stats. 20lb difference between auto and manual with the manual being .2 seconds slower to 60.

Is that even a real DCT, thought they were using ZF computer controlled ATs? Would think a true DCT would be more than .2 faster. But it IS a Cadillac, easy to believe they could screw up a DCT design LMAO Probably forgot to tell it to skip ratios when under WOT and flipped through all 10. :ROFLMAO:

I mean, it's not new that DCTs are faster than manual cars. You get a manual because you like the feel of the stick, not because you want to be the fastest. ;)

clownish

just clowning around
I KEEP eying these as a daily - I think they're gorgeous but also I believe that they have a lot of small problems in terms of fit and finish.