GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the thought on a 2016 Volvo s60 polestar?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Potentially looking for a Dd. Would like a sedan,and something.... A little unique. Anyone own one of these before?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Last time I saw an S60 Polestar on Autotrader they were asking for like RS3/5 money. I get the Uniqueness thing, but...

Alternative Volvo thought: V or S60 T5 for dat 5cyl exhaust and then swap Polestar bits on to it?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Last time I saw an S60 Polestar on Autotrader they were asking for like RS3/5 money. I get the Uniqueness thing, but...

Alternative Volvo thought: V or S60 T5 for dat 5cyl exhaust and then swap Polestar bits on to it?
There is a deal on a good one for 44k CAD.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
There are a few on cargurus, 2022 models for mid $40ks (I guess around 60k CAD), so 44kCAD for a 16 I think it is not bad given the stupid auto market right now.

Daks

Autocross Champion
I'll go drive it when I'm back from my travel. They lowered the price to 42k today. It has 80k km. That inline six sounds wicked.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Check out Swedespeed to learn more about the car and if you have questions.

The 6 cylinder one is the Polestar to have. It's super special and despite being mated to the 6 speed auto, it still hauls for a Volvo wagon. I remember when I sat in it as a passenger with 4 other friends. The 5 of us must have added an extra 800lbs to the car and the car still ripped outside Honda HQ in Markham. Launched like hell with winter tires on. The ride is great and it's a really special car. Only downside is the fuel economy but that is to be expected from a performance car. If you want something more comfortable, look into the Volvo V60 T5 with the 5 cylinder. I would advise against the 4 cylinder engines as they are nowhere near as refined as the 5 cylinder. They are supposed to provide improved fuel economy though and the 8 speed auto is an Aisin unit shared with Toyota and Lexus. However as a first year engine, wouldn't be surprised if there were lots of kinks to iron out.

For what it's worth, a new Volvo V60 Recharge starts at $60k before the $5k federal rebate. It has 462HP and is a PHEV so it should let you commute around Toronto fairly well in EV mode. The interior is definitely a lot nicer in every way compared to the V60 Polestar and is very well equipped already.

clownish

just clowning around
I keep looking at the V60 T8 Recharge - those look fun as heck. Went to a dealership - had no stock whatsoever of any wagons at all. I test drove a S60 just for the hell of it. They said that there are very very low production numbers so if you get one submitted, you still have to wait for the factory to accept it. It is around 70k here in the US. Additionally, i've heard not great things about relability - interior panels, electronic issues etc. Little things but still annoying. I love how they look but I am hesitating about actually getting one as a DD. Have a nice yoda 4runner right now thats bomb proof.

Agreed on the v6 version being rare, nice and fun. The 4 pot supercharged/turboed ones (17 and up? I don't remember what years) are the ones that I am very hesitant over for reliability etc.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Potentially looking for a Dd. Would like a sedan,and something.... A little unique. Anyone own one of these before?
Do it. Way more interesting than anything Audi outside of the RS6.

Only one colour is acceptable however.......

1675880211344.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I get it, but that B9 S4 puts down some very beastly numbers with just a downpipe and a tune - only thing is, auto :(

Does that truly matter for the daily when you have a fun "weekend" car (your GTI) with the 6MT?