GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wheres the hip hop?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
so one of my favorite things about hip hop is that much of the music out there samples existing music to make the loops.

on the surface it sounds like a cheap trick, right? but i adore it. chopping dope music into fresh cuts, sometimes just boiling down the essence of a track into a few of its best few seconds, then creating fractal patterns out of it. and boy can it come from anywhere!

But over the years i've really started becoming a junkie for finding the source tracks and have found a couple good ones lately, a lot of these are sampled all over the place and if you got a good ear you may well recognize some of these. I'm now solidly into old du-wop, 30's swing, 50's soul, psychadelic rock, afro-cuban / salsa jazz, 70's r&b, and more.

And I thank hip hop for that for sure, because I never would have come across much of this let alone started digging for it otherwise.

for example heres an easy one maybe many of you have heard from the late and great j dilla - epic track!
well here's the source!

some other tracks i've really grown to like
recognized tons of samples in here i've heard all over the place
I know this track is based on something from 'earth wind and fire' but i forget the track name

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion