GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wheres the hip hop?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I wanna start a random side bar about my one love.

mostly, because i'm always on the hunt for tunes that hit just right, but its hard to do. sometimes i can dig for hours and not find shit, just a bunch of garbage. other days i'll find a whole grouping of great artists.

primarily i'm into the underground scene, lofi beats, soul samples, jazz cuts, super grungy boom bap. lyricists with sharp flows. lately i've been finding lots of great beats and the rappers are generally ok but sometimes pretty boring. hard to find originality and truly inspired beats or flows and not people that are just copying fads. obviously a systemwide issue with music in general. As you might imagine, i'm not into mumble rap or whatevers on the radio these days lol.

anyone who does rap/make beats for sure hit me up, i'm hoping to get back into a booth soon enough, and here's my soundcloud with ~2000 tracks i've liked over the years as well as some of my own content. not polished at all but hey, i do what i love, ha. always been into developing multi-rhyme schemes, and quick raps, now i've been focusing on trying to really pair that with how i see the world.
https://soundcloud.com/adam-voss
i'll recommend a couple fav's
rappers:
Doof
CapriiSun
Aasir
Kemp Dupri
Theravada
fly anakin
jaden castro
phiik

producers:
2spvcedd
ovblix
knxledge
kawfee
junie

obviously tons of producers and rappers out there are are more well known, i've heard it all, and wanna keep digging haha.

Who you got to recommend?

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
anyway definitely looking for recommendations. some more general rappers i've liked historically have been talib kweli, mf doom, quasimoto, M.E.D., the old busta rhymes, homeboy sandman, little brother, el-p, mhz, stuff like that.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Ever heard of this guy Kanye West? He's from you guy's hood.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Subd for recommendations. I mostly listen to old school hip hop. Been on a big mobb deep kick lately
Oh word? MD is dope for sure, always loved 'trife life' by them. i was just listening to some of that the other day haha. Ghost face killa and stuff.
If you dig mobb deep:
Group home was badass

A little more underground but same era of nyc glory - natural elements

Of course also cant forget ill bill, non phixion, etc.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yeah and i don't blame you. theres a LOT of crap out there. Hard to find or even be exposed to the good stuff!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Group home is great. Typical cats anyone?
oh wow! no i havent and will add it to my arsenal. sounds dope. kinda of reminds me of 'the four owls' or 'cain the chemist'

messrock

Autocross Champion
Skyzoo, Your Old Droog, Injury Reserve, Coast Contra…

I mean, you’re on the Griselda/Drumwork train, right?

Freddie Gibbs?

Anything Alchemist touches is gold

riceburner

Autocross Champion
oh yeah, i used to love skyzoo, really anything from rawkus records was great; the justice league, kev brown, i mean shit anything 9th wonder worked on i love haha. and no, whats this griselda/drumwork train you speak of?

messrock

Autocross Champion
oh yeah, i used to love skyzoo, really anything from rawkus records was great; the justice league, kev brown, i mean shit anything 9th wonder worked on i love haha. and no, whats this griselda/drumwork train you speak of?
Oh man - Benny The Butcher, Conway the Machine, Westside Gunn, Mach Homme - gold. Back to that gritty NY boom bap

riceburner

Autocross Champion
gotcha! okay, i've dabbled a hair, and oh snap that reminds me, R.A. The Rugged Man came out with some serious bangers over the last year! If you slept on him in the past, get outta bed for that!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
been also trying to compile some of the best finds i've found on soundcloud over time; i've liked over 2000 tracks but it's hard to find my favs.

so heres some of the best flows i've found to date on there from mostly people noone's ever head of (except supastition) lol
https://soundcloud.com/adam-voss%2Fsets%2Fideal-flows