GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whispbar

Naoki

Ready to race!
Anybody have any thoughts on the Whispbar? I've been debating between, Whispbar, Thule, and Yakima. I really like the look of the MK6 with a roof rack and with an attached fairing but how much does that fairing really cut down on the sound? This car belongs to DayMan and it looks really good with the Yakima.
Just would like some feedback

zee

Go Kart Champion
Nothing to add, just thrown up pictures of a whispbar. I'l love to own one if I was shopping for a roof rack.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
I like the Whispbars a lot. They're definitely a lot quieter than the OEM bars I had on my Mk4, but I never tried a fairing on those either. The Whispbars don't feel quite as solid as the OEM's but work perfectly for the kind of stuff I need to carry around on them.

Naoki

Ready to race!
I like the Whispbars a lot. They're definitely a lot quieter than the OEM bars I had on my Mk4, but I never tried a fairing on those either. The Whispbars don't feel quite as solid as the OEM's but work perfectly for the kind of stuff I need to carry around on them.

Looks good man. I want mine for snowboards. Are they not sturdy enough for boards?

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Looks good man. I want mine for snowboards. Are they not sturdy enough for boards?

They're plenty sturdy for just about anything you would reasonably put on there. The only time I had a hesitation was when I had to load some heavy furniture on there to help a friend move. It was probably close to the max load rating for the bars (not sure exactly what that is though). The furniture was probably around 100lbs.

I use them for surfboards mostly. If you know you are going to do a lot of heavy stuff like cargo boxes, the OEM racks might be a better option. These are much quieter though.

Did you use the 5dr mounting hardware for your 3dr?

Ummm, interesting question. The mounting feet are specific for how many doors you have, so No I did not use the mounting hardware for a 5 door on my 3 door car. If you have questions about which hardware to use, check out www.rackattack.com and they'll set you up with what you need.

mako159

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, I spoke with rackattack and whispbar, they haven't released the hardware for a 3door, they are predicting late march. So, I wonder what they gave you??

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
I ordered my Yakima off rack attack great guys btw. Originally I was going to get the whisper bars what stopped me was the fact there's no valence to put on them "like the way they look" second was the fact that your limited on what you can attach to the whispers with Yakima round bars I can mount almost anything. I had to be able to throw up some rocky mounts also great btw.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I spoke with rackattack and whispbar, they haven't released the hardware for a 3door, they are predicting late march. So, I wonder what they gave you??

They gave me the exact same hardware as the 3door Mk5, and works great.

Naoki

Ready to race!
So does the valence really cut down on the sound? how well does it work? Cuz the valence looks soo awesome

Naoki

Ready to race!
Also, the Whispbar looks really clean on the sides because its flush with the sides of the car. I know you can get different size bars for the Yakima racks. Is there a size small enough where it looks flush as well or is the smallest size shown on the pictures above where the bars are hanging over the sides? I think those are the 58" ones right?