GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has/had COVID?

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Thought I was being careful...but not careful enough..... found out I have COVID today.
My head got a little stuffy about two days ago. Normally wouldn't think anything of it but notice my sense of smell disappeared....so I went and got tested for peace of mind....surprise. Feel fine other wise.

Anyone else here test positive? How was your recovery?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I had it. Had cold symptoms with a slight fever (99.9). Fever was gone in 24 hours other symptoms cleared up after about a week. After 5 days I got retested and was still positive. Got retested at the 10 day mark and was negative.

zrickety

The Fixer
Thought I was being careful...but not careful enough..... found out I have COVID today.
My head got a little stuffy about two days ago. Normally wouldn't think anything of it but notice my sense of smell disappeared....so I went and got tested for peace of mind....surprise. Feel fine other wise.

Bro, come to the real COVID thread. About a half dozen of us and our families have had it. We all fully recovered.
Unless you are old or in bad health, it's nothing to worry about it.
My wife lost her taste, I didn't. It took about a month for hers to come back.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

I hear you about being careful. I try to read every opinion about the most likely ingress into your system. So far it seems to me the the "experts" keep referring to your nose as the primary way it infiltrates and infects. I haven't read where they think directly getting into your lungs does it. Perhaps it multiplies in your nose and it gets into your lungs by breathing through your nose, since that's the way we normally breathe. If anyone's read more, let me know. To that end, I made custom nose filters out of 4-ply HEPA filter material that I insert into commercial "2.5" nose dust filters, AND I use the same material to form masks that fits inside a supposed "KN95" mask. Doctors and nurses still catch it wearing N95 masks, so it seems it's not good enough to wear just them.

There are a lot more younger people getting seriously ill so I wouldn't rely on just age or physical condition. The latest I've read is they think it's genetic, because perfectly healthy young people are dying from it while older people, like the spouses of seniors with it don't even get sick. It makes sense to me, that's it's your chemical makeup that determines if you are infected, whether you get symptoms, get seriously ill, or die. When it first got the people on cruise ships there was a guy with a superspreader amount of virus in his nose him yet he didn't have any symptoms. The only think I can surmise is the virus was unable to attach to his cells, because I believe even making a ton of antibodies from an infection won't keeping you from getting symptoms. Maybe with the vaccine, but I don't see it happening on your own, because spouses that don't get sick don't seem to have a lot of antibodies. I'd call it Chinese roulette.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I hear you about being careful. I try to read every opinion about the most likely ingress into your system. So far it seems to me the the "experts" keep referring to your nose as the primary way it infiltrates and infects. I haven't read where they think directly getting into your lungs does it. Perhaps it multiplies in your nose and it gets into your lungs by breathing through your nose, since that's the way we normally breathe. If anyone's read more, let me know. To that end, I made custom nose filters out of 4-ply HEPA filter material that I insert into commercial "2.5" nose dust filters, AND I use the same material to form masks that fits inside a supposed "KN95" mask. Doctors and nurses still catch it wearing N95 masks, so it seems it's not good enough to wear just them.

There are a lot more younger people getting seriously ill so I wouldn't rely on just age or physical condition. The latest I've read is they think it's genetic, because perfectly healthy young people are dying from it while older people, like the spouses of seniors with it don't even get sick. It makes sense to me, that's it's your chemical makeup that determines if you are infected, whether you get symptoms, get seriously ill, or die. When it first got the people on cruise ships there was a guy with a superspreader amount of virus in his nose him yet he didn't have any symptoms. The only think I can surmise is the virus was unable to attach to his cells, because I believe even making a ton of antibodies from an infection won't keeping you from getting symptoms. Maybe with the vaccine, but I don't see it happening on your own, because spouses that don't get sick don't seem to have a lot of antibodies. I'd call it Chinese roulette.
It gets into your lungs via your nose or mouth.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Bro, come to the real COVID thread. About a half dozen of us and our families have had it. We all fully recovered.
Unless you are old or in bad health, it's nothing to worry about it.
My wife lost her taste, I didn't. It took about a month for hers to come back.

It's nothing to worry about unless you're one of the almost 400,000 dead in the US. And I wouldn't be doing a victory dance just yet. Viruses can have latent longterm affects, like organ damage.

JC_451

Autocross Champion

It drove @zrickety to madness.

He still hasn't recovered. Come read about it, just know your own sanity could be at risk.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Last edited:

KevinC

Autocross Champion
I lost all sense of taste & smell on Christmas day, tested positive on the 27th. From 28th through about 1/2/21 I was down for the count. But missing a lot of the common symptoms - almost never ran a fever, no nausea, no headaches - just extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, and some head cold symptoms. I lost about 17 lbs in a week. My girl tested positive as well but barely felt any effects - about 2-3 days of some fatigue. Only took 1 day off work (she works from home). I'm about 95% recovered at this point, was released by the state DHS to "resume normal activities" as of the 4th. I'm 63 and in very average health overall.

With the ridiculously slow rollout of the vaccines, I'm glad I've had it now and hopefully with antibodies, will be able to resist contracting it again it until finally vaccinated.

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
I lost all sense of taste & smell on Christmas day, tested positive on the 27th. From 28th through about 1/2/21 I was down for the count. But missing a lot of the common symptoms - almost never ran a fever, no nausea, no headaches - just extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, and some head cold symptoms. I lost about 17 lbs in a week. My girl tested positive as well but barely felt any effects - about 2-3 days of some fatigue. Only took 1 day off work (she works from home). I'm about 95% recovered at this point, was released by the state DHS to "resume normal activities" as of the 4th. I'm 63 and in very average health overall.

With the ridiculously slow rollout of the vaccines, I'm glad I've had it now and hopefully with antibodies, will be able to resist contracting it again it until finally vaccinated.
A new study released last week says you'll be immune for years. Avoid the vaccine...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Through another way then what I said?

1610303596068.jpg