GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why Has New Forum Redesign Changed My User Name/Log-in?

jcme0557

Passed Driver's Ed
I attempted to log in this morning using the user name I've been using successfully for months - jcme0557. Forum advised that "user...could not be found." Only option appeared to be to "reset password," which I did. This allowed me to change my password and then log-in, but suddenly I found I had a different user name:"jcmellis." (This appears to be the first part of my email address - jcmellis@gmail.com.)

I didn't change this myself. What gives? How can I get my old user name back?

jcme0557

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh, wait. This is an old account I had years ago on the Mk.6 Forum! What the heck?

How do I get my current Mk.7 account back?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Surely sign out and sign in again with the newer account?

torga

Autocross Champion
I remember one of the admins saying that the merge would arbitrarily consolidate all accounts under one username, if you had different ones across the sites. There may or may not be a way to change it, but you'll have to contact an admin.

jcme0557

Passed Driver's Ed
I remember one of the admins saying that the merge would arbitrarily consolidate all accounts under one username, if you had different ones across the sites. There may or may not be a way to change it, but you'll have to contact an admin.
Thanks.

jcme0557

Passed Driver's Ed
Surely sign out and sign in again with the newer account?
Unfortunately, the new forum doesn't recognize my newer user name as a valid one.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
I have the same issue...Not a problem when logging in, because I use my email, but this username is not really convenient because most people don't know me by this name, but by the name in my Avatar :p I contacted the admins about it. :cool:

Last edited: