GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why??!!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The other day I seen an old Honda Civic that was lowered and had so much negative camber it looked like (and probably was) riding on the inner sidewalls. Coffee can exhaust (of course) so you would look to see if there was an old tractor driving through the parking lot.

What do these kids do, drive everywhere at 10 MPH (if that) because it sure isn't safe at posted speeds.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
"Stance" is the new "rice".
What was once an acceptable styling embraced by the Euro crowd trickled down to the Honda crowd which proceeded to take things too far.
There are some in the Euro crowd that are guilty of it too though...but at least those "builds" are at least done right and with some effort (most of the time).
I'm sure it will come and go and then we can all go back to the better days to where it all originally started...

And this opinion is coming from someone who drove this almost 10 years ago now.
But this was before everything went to shit lol.

Last edited:

Cowzill00

Ready to race!

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
These are equally baffling...

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Can you imagine the wheel fitment threads on the clown car forums? Gotta be some gems in there. :)

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I wandered over to a car show at a parking garage, while waiting for an autocross to begin. There were 100+ cars that looked like below. Some very nice cars that, in my opinion, were ruined. Not just Toyobaru's, and old Hondas. There were BMW's, Mercedes, and even exotics. I really had to bite my tongue while walking around, since much of the crowd appeared quite thuggish, and obviously took pride in their work.

It was especially ironic, since many watched race from the top of the garage once it started. All the mods, stance, wheels, 'n crap to make a car "look" fast, and I'm sure they had no idea that those stockish cars down there would out perform every single one of them using just good tires.

There was a tastefully, and moderately modified BMW 2002 at the show. It was out of place, and really belonged at the race below. It made me sad.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Every once in a while I see this BMW that's slammed like that. I can't imagine how it actually drives, especially since our roads are more pothole and frostheave than pavement.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
There were definitely slammed imports in the 80s and 90s but this whole aesthetic of the wheel turned on its side has me baffled. Not sure how it all started but maybe life is imitating art. I remember a lot of the modded car illustrations back in the day would have extremely exaggerated negative camber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk