GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wife Looking for Part-Time Editing Position Soon.....Any Editors on Here?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
My wife is looking to get back into working. She's a former M.S. and H.S. English teacher, has edited for Ft. Carson Mountaineer Post newspaper, edits friend's kids' essays and papers for fun.....

Thankfully, I've had job opportunities presented to me before I needed one and at my stage in life, it's really "who you know"....... so I'll admit, my job search expertise is rusty. For her, would it really be as simply as going on indeed or careerbuilder and plugging in "PT Editor"?

What do the masses say?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Never hurts to brush up on the resume and put it out there.

I just saw the Covid unemployment stuff ends next month so the clock is ticking as the job market is about to get WAY more competitive.

I’ve only ever applied for one job, and I’ve been here for a decade so I’m absolutely zero help for actual advice lol

Daks

Autocross Champion
For part time work it might be more useful to do something on fiver, or some site like that. Get her to reach out to local papers and magazines - target the person that will employ her i.e. editor in chief etc...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Never hurts to brush up on the resume and put it out there.

I just saw the Covid unemployment stuff ends next month so the clock is ticking as the job market is about to get WAY more competitive.

I’ve only ever applied for one job, and I’ve been here for a decade so I’m absolutely zero help for actual advice lol

Yeah good point Jake.....forgot about those benefits ending, so you're right....others will be flooding in.

For part time work it might be more useful to do something on fiver, or some site like that. Get her to reach out to local papers and magazines - target the person that will employ her i.e. editor in chief etc...

fiver you say? Haven't heard that since college LOL.....I take it that's a site?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Try being a forum moderator first

uglybastard

Autocross Champion