GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
My brother brined his and spatchcocked it.
048ACBA3-4800-4E27-A534-EF174A71F6F1.jpeg

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
My brother brined his and spatchcocked it.
View attachment 194050
Mmm! That looks great (and massive)! Is that an 18" or 22" smoker?

Another tip: when you spatchcock a turkey, fold the wings under the breast so they cook evenly with the rest of the bird. If you leave the wings out, they cook faster than everything else and overcook.

Also, while I didn't get to smoke the turkey I still got my hands involved. I brined it and spatchcocked it, then did a butter injection before I let my mom get to it! Hopefully it competes with the smoker a little bit. But it's looking good!

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Mmm! That looks great (and massive)! Is that an 18" or 22" smoker?

Another tip: when you spatchcock a turkey, fold the wings under the breast so they cook evenly with the rest of the bird. If you leave the wings out, they cook faster than everything else and overcook.

Also, while I didn't get to smoke the turkey I still got my hands involved. I brined it and spatchcocked it, then did a butter injection before I let my mom get to it! Hopefully it competes with the smoker a little bit. But it's looking good!

It's an 18 and he said the bird was 21lbs. I didn't recall him doing it like that before(spatchcock). I've actually never done it like that, just tie everything up and stuff the cavity with herbs/butter. It was pretty tasty, I kinda liked just eating and not doing all the work haha!

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
It's an 18 and he said the bird was 21lbs. I didn't recall him doing it like that before(spatchcock). I've actually never done it like that, just tie everything up and stuff the cavity with herbs/butter. It was pretty tasty, I kinda liked just eating and not doing all the work haha!
I spatchcock all my turkeys. It makes for a quicker and more even cook (the breast and the legs cook at similar speeds that way. We're going to pull my bird out in 15 minutes. Will report back with pictures soon.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Came out looking pretty good! Will report back after chowing down!

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
I spatchcock all my turkeys. It makes for a quicker and more even cook (the breast and the legs cook at similar speeds that way. We're going to pull my bird out in 15 minutes. Will report back with pictures soon.
I do the same!
1606439849882.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Tossed two breasts in the brine tonight, will be smoking them up for tomorrow.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Started this little Brisket this morning, can’t wait to see how it comes out.

Antici......................................................................................................................................pation!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Internal temperature was 160F at 6 hours in.

Luckily I’m sampling some Shiner Bock to hold me over and stay true to the Texas theme here

Apparently there's usually a stall at 160 and takes a while for it get going above. What temp did you end up at and how long did you let it rest.

And definitely approve the Shiner.