Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Korean style short ribs.
0EE3C899-9D39-4B92-865E-6E542217774A.jpeg
AE27ED9A-2FDB-457E-96A5-A0C1F081BD6C.jpeg

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Smoked a bunch of superhots I got from the local Farmers' Market, along with some habaneros and ghosts (bhut) from my garden, and made a spice blend which I plan to use with CowTownRacer's jerky brine recipe.
superhots.jpg

blend.jpg

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
I've heard the EGG goes hard! Looks great

IDK that I’d drop the money on one, but it was free, and seems to heat up quick, and is easy to maintain. I seared those steaks at an indicated 600* reading.

My 7 year old loved the whipped parsnips lol.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
So, this is my second attempt at making jerky. The first go 'round was pretty good, but I'm definitely more satisfied with the results this time.

In the marinade (Marinade consists of Dr. Pepper (thx @CowTownRacer), Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, soy sauce, brown sugar, sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy), worcestershire sauce, granulated garlic, fresh ginger, chopped fresh habaneros and bhut jolokias (ghost peppers):
IMG_20200907_092302.jpg

Getting seasoned (Just cracked black on the left, my multi-pepper blend with cracked black on the right):
IMG_20200907_093038.jpg

Getting baked :p (smoked on mesquite) :
IMG_20200907_094545.jpg

Rest before bagging:
IMG_20200907_131718.jpg

It's impressive how they continue to lose moisture and get darker after they're bagged and refrigerated. That's part of the mistake I made the first time around...took them the whole distance in the smoker.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion