GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Treating leather seats...

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I here Lexol is the way to go. This is my first set of leather seats I have ever owned. How often and when should I put my own initial treatment on the leather. My understanding is they treat the leather when the seat is manufactured, but when do I follow that up. I've read on the how to do it, but not seen anything on frequency. Any suggestions? I guess I could do a Google search. Just wondering what you fellow leather owners are doing. TIA

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Lexol is one of the better treatments to use. In most cases though a wet microfiber cloth is enough to remove most soil on the leather, and then a light treatment after that. Follow the instructions and you won't have a problem.

Another one I am happy with is the Zymol Leather treatment that I get with the Sampler Kit from Zymol. Very nice stuff, but I think the Lexol works as well and is more available.

Been using Lexol on my wife's 99 since new, and that car sits out all day long where she works. The leather is still as supple today as it was when new.

Chris

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Due to the Cold Weather around these parts, I usually only get to do it about 3-4 times a year with just spot clean-ups and re-treatments where needed. My Wif'es leather is Beige and I thought it would show more than it does. A quick wet wipe usually suffices for quick spills and such.

Very Pleased with Lexol.
Chris

Tricky

Autocross Newbie
I found this to be a pretty good guide on detailing and protecting the inside of your car. I like alot of their guides, actually.

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
For other Car Care tips I use this one.
I agree with so much these guys have to say. Will I don't use the Collonite Products, I use the Zymol waxes and such.

Chris