GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Handling in the Snow

MKBoulder

Ready to race!
Just returned from Vail, CO in a heavy snow storm... The V handles like a dream in the white stuff. I believe it handles far better than my AUDI Allroad.

It just feels very sure footed and gives a lot of confidence. Traction works very well and doesnt try and over do it like on a BMW.

Attachments

• P3200001.jpg
    P3200001.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 4,581

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Hey did you know your Fast has dandruf.....oh wait that's snow. JK

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I heard that the ESP works nicely on this car.....it isn't annoying is it? My wifes traction control on her Honda Odyessy is crazy stupid.

dmclone

Oval Champion
We just got a few inches on the road and I didn't have a problem at all. Handled like a dream. A lot better then the 350Z that I had.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
dmclone said:
We just got a few inches on the road and I didn't have a problem at all. Handled like a dream. A lot better then the 350Z that I had.
Yeah, no kidding! My brother has an RX8 and there are a whole lot of days in the winter when he just can't drive. It's his only vehicle and he wont part with it.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I get to go out in this mess here soon Dmclone....I wondered how the GTI would do. Man it is stilllll snowing out there. My wife actually gorgot her cell phone....(sigh). I am going to go take it to here since I do not want here to be on the crappy roads without it.

car

Autocross Champion
Anyone else?

I'm just curious to hear others' experiences with a MkV in adverse road conditions, particulrlary when equipped with 17s and all-seasons. Being that spring is now here (haha), I'm hoping I'll have some time to get used to my new ride before snow flies again, but in North-central Illinois, you never know.
Thanks.