GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello everyone. Welcome to the forum. Introduce yourselves here

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
ill post up here since im new.

I ordered a United Gray GTi 6 Speed on just this sat and it should be arriving at the dealership tom... I CANT WAIT. I used to drive a B5 Passat, but now upgraded to a Mk5.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Just found this site.

Have been a serious VW/Audi enthusiast since long ago (I'm 47). I started out Aircooled and bought my 1st Watercooler my '83 GTI and still have it. It has a Techtonics 2.0 liter with a 4.25 VW Motorsport ring/pinion and limited slip diff. Lots more done, too much to list here.
Was stripped down and fully repainted at a local street rod shop ($3,000 repaint) and added clear coat to it as well.

I also own a modded '98.5 Audi A4 1.8t, 5-speed, Quattro, factory sport suspension and a list to big to carry on about.

I have modded and raced many other cars as well. None have given me the pleasure as the VAG cars have.

I am in close contact with my old buds at Techtonics Tuning. They say the GIAC chip and their exhaust system for the new cars is turning over 265HP.

Going for a 5-door with DSG eventually.

Pics of my Baby (1st love):

Looking forward to the new adventure!

Last edited:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Looking at the pics kinda makes me wish the GTI logo on the steering wheel on the new GTI was red.

Big Jerm

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2006 GTI
hey whats up, my name is Jeremy and I am a brand new proud owner of a black magic GTI 06. I just traded my Subaru STi 05 for this car, I am happy but some what sad (going from 300hp to 200hp) (awd, etc). Here is my question I have notice that you can buy a cable and program your car to roll down windows, change chimes etc. can you adjust torq and hp with this cable? if so what software do you need to work with this cable? i have read a little bit about revo, I just dont want to send my ecu anywhere.
thanks......JeRm

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Big Jerm said:
hey whats up, my name is Jeremy and I am a brand new proud owner of a black magic GTI 06. I just traded my Subaru STi 05 for this car, I am happy but some what sad (going from 300hp to 200hp) (awd, etc). Here is my question I have notice that you can buy a cable and program your car to roll down windows, change chimes etc. can you adjust torq and hp with this cable? if so what software do you need to work with this cable? i have read a little bit about revo, I just dont want to send my ecu anywhere.
thanks......JeRm

I believe you are referring to the VAG unit. YOU can't adjust HP & Torque.

Just curious why'd you leave the Subie?

Big Jerm

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2006 GTI
the reason why I traded my o5 STi for the 06 GTi, is because I drive an hour to school and gas was just killing me. had this expensive lawn pretty that I hardly could drive. the commericals for the Gti are very funny also!:burnrubber:

pguy

Passed Driver's Ed
potential new owner

Hello all. I'm considering a 4 door GTi when they hit the US this summer. I've driven the 2 door twice now and love it. Unfortunately my dealer is telling me that I should expect to pay MSRP for the 4 door due to low supply. What does everyone think? I've never paid MSRP for anything!

thanks

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
pguy said:
Hello all. I'm considering a 4 door GTi when they hit the US this summer. I've driven the 2 door twice now and love it. Unfortunately my dealer is telling me that I should expect to pay MSRP for the 4 door due to low supply. What does everyone think? I've never paid MSRP for anything!

thanks
High pressure sales. Wait till they get here and visit the internet and see what everyone else is getting for them. If the dealer is having a bad day, week or month they will sell it to you.

Do your home work and then shove it in their face.

BTW, I never paid MSRP either.

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Big Jerm said:
the reason why I traded my o5 STi for the 06 GTi, is because I drive an hour to school and gas was just killing me. had this expensive lawn pretty that I hardly could drive. the commericals for the Gti are very funny also!:burnrubber:

Sorry you had to get rid of it. They are fun cars. Now you'll even have more fun and save gas too! Welcome to the VAG (Volkswagen/Audi/Group) Family.

wlf46

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hello,

I am a new user, i come from switzerland and i don't speak correctly English!

I have a Golf 5 GTI since 2005-03-31.

I see my car in other forum to this site.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
been lurking around for a while now. one of the v few non-gti drivers on this site. mind u the price i paid for this car (bottom range) would get me a GTI if i lived in the states. u americans are so lucky!

hoping to buy one in a couple of years time, assuming that the Mk6 looks decent enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.