GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H & R cup kit installed

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
Finally H&R was installed, and share some thoughts with you guys.
The ride is unbelievably comfort and you almost cannot tell it's from stock or not, just a little firmer at the bumps. Perfect for daily drivers like me.
I will recommend higher end H&R adjustable coilovers for tracks, I don't think the cup kit is firm enough for track drivers.
I didnt measure the dropped but i post some pictures here, gimme some comments, thanks!!(also, anyone has procedure of replacing the air filter?)

Top 2 pics are the front & rear before installed, and the 3rd & 4th pics are the H&R installed.

Attachments

• P1010001 S.jpg
    P1010001 S.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 3,987
  • P1010002 S.jpg
    P1010002 S.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 3,873
  • P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 3,861
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 3,825
  • P1010011 s.jpg
    P1010011 s.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 23,422

Gotfast?

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmm...a little stiffer than stock..I might have to go with the Koni yellows with vogtland race springs. Can you take some pictures when they are settled. i thought they went lower than that.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
That looks about how the car should have looked from the factory.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
"The Cup Kit's dynamic performance is achieved with progressive springs and custom valved performance dampeners (strut or shock) that have been tuned for your specific vehicle." But it's for the Audi A3/Jetta/Golf/GTI. How can it be for all those cars and be "tuned for your specific vehicle"?

Gotfast?

Passed Driver's Ed
the_saint said:
Doesn't look bad. How does it handle the twisties? Is it flatter?

What will the Koni + vogtland combo bring? Stiffer & lower?

The koni + vogtland combo will be a lot stiffer and maybe slighty the same height or lower. Koni yellows are adjustable from stiff to soft, they're softest setting is still stiffer than stock. and vogtland race springs just because they go low and cheap. vogtland springs are also the springs that koni uses in their sport kit

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
I actually love the 17" stock wheels, it performs very well....at least for me!!!!
i'm carefully looking for aftermarket 18" which must be performed better or not less than my original wheels.
According to H&R, the cup kit will drop the car up to 2 inches, well I think it all depends the wgt of the cars. by looking at the pictures, the kit drops my MKV about 1.5 - 1.7 inches at the front, shd be around 1" at rear.
Like I said before, the H&R cup kit doesn't make me feel the aftermarket kit was installed, I don't think the dealer will notice by not looking carefully at the gaps. I don't think there's gonna a problem about the warranty unless the future problems directly related to suspension, right guys???matter of fact, I will call the dealer for an appointment of my car's alignment next week, I don't think they will care as long as I pay.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
17's + drop > 18's + drop

more meat (rubber) = exceptionally better grip on the track or road course. less weight as well.

damn... i need tint.

alf

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
I like the H&R cup kit looks clean and will definitly be effective in the turns. But you said you really dont feel it being that much stiffer???

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
frank2287 said:
But you said you really dont feel it being that much stiffer???

I sent an e-mail to Evolution Sports and they say its about 40% stiffer than stock :eek:

d.C

DJ
Gotfast? said:
The koni + vogtland combo will be a lot stiffer and maybe slighty the same height or lower. Koni yellows are adjustable from stiff to soft, they're softest setting is still stiffer than stock. and vogtland race springs just because they go low and cheap. vogtland springs are also the springs that koni uses in their sport kit

didn't know that koni uses vogtland springs in their sport kit till now,
great info.