GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got my wheels, trying to make them work- dry fit issues

Fast Eddie GTI

Autocross Newbie
So, I have received my wheels and I'm trying to mount them up to the car before I send them off to the polisher. It's taken me almost a month and I still haven't been able to get them on the car. I think I'm getting it licked though.

19x8s with a 67 offset all around. They are 5x112, but the centerbore is a little different. I'm down to trying to find hub rings...should have that licked by next week:biggrin: Now on to the next issue. My original thought was to use a 15mm spacer, but that isn't available in the style I want, so I'm having to go up to a 20. (effectively making it a 47mm offset). I am running H&R coilovers, and I'm pretty low, so I'm trying to figure out a tire size. I'm thinking 225/35 or 215/35...both of which should fit a 8 inch wide wheel just fine. Anyone with coilovers have an opinion? Once I get that figured out, I can see if I want to run 20mm all around or maybe go up to a 25 or 30mm spacer in the rear.

Oh so close...

raynekat

Passed Driver's Ed
Why not mill the 20mm spacer down to the size you want...like 15mm. It wouldn't cost that much, and would get you exactly what you want. Don't settle and try to make do with a less than ideal offset.... just a thought. Good luck.

white rabbit

My best mod is a car wash
2 ways to do this.

1-Custom make 'em. Any machine shop could ship them up in 2 hours
2-Take your sapcers to a machine shop and get them to throw them on the laithe and shorten them.

Fast Eddie GTI

Autocross Newbie
I'm no longer concerned about the spacers, it's all a matter of tire sizing and finding hubrings now. I'm thinking 225/35. Also, taking a wheel and a spacer down to a tire store on Monday to see if they have anything that will solve the hubring problem.