GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock versus smoked rear tail lights

Tay2610

Autocross Newbie
Anybody thought about body colored tail covers so that only the working part of the lamp is exposed in essence only showing two circles circa skyline?.............haha i have no idea what i just said.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
i dunno guys.. i really like how my black golf contrasts the red..

Lynx

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI2007 said:
here's a pic of a black Golf with black tinted taillights
Isnt it illegal in some states to not have a red reflector on the back of the vehicle? Meaning you have to have some red on the back of the car.

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
mattyice said:
http://jonstintedtails.com/ thats the guy that can actually add the paint code to it so it would be perfect for the black cars and even the red tails
I actually hang out with the guy (he's in our group of friends), so perhaps I'm a bit biased, but he does really good work. He sprays on the color of your choice, to the level you want it (i.e., dark, medium, light, etc.), and then covers it with a clearcoat to protect the tint.

He did my Passat back in March 2003 (three years ago), and it still looks perfect, despite the fact that I hardly ever wash my car. I specifically asked for just dark enough to take the edge off the lights, but light enough that it wouldn't affect the light output from the brake lights themselves. You decide:

I'm definitely having Jon tint my brake lights when I get my GTI. He's also really quick on the turnaround -- if you overnight your stuff to him, you'll basically have them back in three days (ship your tails on Monday, he gets them Tuesday, works on them Tuesday night, ships them on Wednesday, you'll get them back on Thursday).

Surfer_D

Passed Driver's Ed
Are the lights on the red GTI smoked from inside out? Anyone knows perhaps

Brandon

Oval Newbie
Still hoping someone can find a pic of a candy white gti with the smoked lights.