GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you paying for your GTI?

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
Package 2 + 18" Hoff + Rubber mat/trunk liner + 6SP + destination charge, they offer me $24,919.00.... i m still thinking about it now, will let them know on monday. What do u guys think?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Well, invoice is $24,565 plus there is a $500 cash to dealer incentive so they'd be making about $850 profit which is roughly 3.5%. I'd say that's fair. you could probably squeeze them for a couple hundred dollars but personally I'd just take their offer since is sounds like they are being reasonable.

4GSixty3 said:
Package 2 + 18" Hoff + Rubber mat/trunk liner + 6SP + destination charge, they offer me $24,919.00.... i m still thinking about it now, will let them know on monday. What do u guys think?

miatamat

Ready to race!
4GSixty3 said:

I got the same spec as above plus DSG for $24K plus ttl in Candy White. I would go back to them and make them work harder

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Like I said...you could squeeze them and they'll probably cave some but they'll just take it out on the next person to make up the difference. If you're the type to nickle and dime for every last penny even though you have a fair deal to start with then go for it. It's just not my style to do something like that IF I'm being treated fairly to begin with. Now if I feel like they're playing games I'll fight to push their profit to ZERO or work them for a couple hours and then just walk out and go to the next dealer...ONLY Iif they're f-ing with me.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
miatamat said:
I got the same spec as above plus DSG for $24K plus ttl in Candy White. I would go back to them and make them work harder

while so they are actually losing money, thats below advertised Invoice price. I will try to talk them down more on monday! Thanks for the input guys!:thumbsup:

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
They're not loosing money. There are various dealer incentives and factory hold-backs that allow dealers to sell you the car below listed invoice and still make sufficient profit. These incentives change over time and with region so don't expect your dealer to necessarily be able to cut the same deal. They could actually be telling you the truth if they say that's as low as they can go.

4GSixty3 said:
while so they are actually losing money, thats below advertised Invoice price. I will try to talk them down more on monday! Thanks for the input guys!:thumbsup:

GTT

Touring Car Champion
aznkukuboi said:
Some people like me are ONLY interested in OTD prices.
We like to see the final price to figure what to expect.

OTD prices are not what you can expect if you live in NY and the guy giving you the OTD cost is from IOWA.
Some people include their plates cost, or higher doc fees, or even "protection packages".
You need to know the tax costs in your state and the license fee's.
The ONLY price that will help you know what to expect is the actual selling price.
Then you need to research and know the other costs associated with buying a car in your state.
That's how you will know to figure what to expect.
Short of that you should expect to pay too much if you don't do your homework.

T

GTT

Touring Car Champion
trick000 said:
I finally ended up paying a little over $26k. This is after TTL and the 3.9% APR/36 months added in(everyone seems to forget to add the loan interests :p). I have a package 1 with DSG. Also, I traded in my civic which had a trade in value of $7600. They gave me $8000 for it. For those who are near Bryan, Texas, check out Garlyn Shelton VW and ask for Paul Dombkowski. He will take care of you. He actually drove down to Houston to deliver me the car. Poor guy had his ATM card eaten by the ATM machine. He profusely apologized for how he wasnt able to fill up the gas on the GTI. He gave me whatever cash he had in his wallet ($13) :p. He traded one of their UGs for the Tornado red over at west houston. I had the car with 38 miles on it.

How much do I deduct for tax, title, and license fees? Does the total price include the interest on that 36mth loan? Any other fees such as "doc fee"?
Listing the total price with everything included tells us nothing other than what it cost YOU.
If we simply knew the selling price with any dealer fees, then we can figure out how that relates to our own city, town, state.

T

WindWalker

Older Than Dirt
Car(s)
2008 R32
DSG, Package 2, Monster Mats, Winter Package, all seasons.
$24,500. Also great trade in on my 99 GTI GLX VR6. They drolled on my black and tan with lots of goodies.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
Finally i talk them down to $24,000 from $24,919. 3.9% for 48 months. Will take delivery on Wednesday!!!!!!! cant wait~!!!!

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
MSRP 22,960 (I think because it had tires or something)

They would not let me get it 23,200 OTD.
They wanted 23,980.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
For everyone in the US, you should be able to purchase a new GTI at published "invoice" prices---without much negotiations.

I noticed, however, that there was indeed a "port fee" of $163 and and "advertising fee" of $100 in the VW "invoice" to the dealer. These do not appear in edmunds.com. The dealers were also reluctant to forego these fees.

I'm still working on my GTI... We'll see.

Anyone in OHIO or Tenessee with good deals?

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
OKAY. Finally got my gti lol.
United Grey, No packages MSRP 22,620.

OTD $23,850.

Last edited: