GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Review Cars In Action April 2006

Carn

Drag Racing Champion
Tried posting this in the review section but the topic is closed.

Enjoy, GTI vs Ford Focus ST and Mini Cooper JCW.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
That took so long to load I felt like I was back to using a 56k dial up modem. They seemed to focus on the Focus ST more than the car that one the strange report. They are a bit slow on the 1/4 mile time for the GTI (maybe because it is a 5door) and forgot to mention that the GTI has Reccarro seats as well.

WYNAND

Passed Driver's Ed
I PICKED UP A COPY OF THIS MAG YESTERDAY ASWELL
ALL I CAN SAY IS ............. '' GO GTI ''

TO THINK THE FORD IS A 2.5 LITRE VS OUR 2.0 LITRE

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
loccusst said:
and forgot to mention that the GTI has Reccarro seats as well.

I didn't know that :confused: After reading through the review you would have thought the Focus would have won the competition.

GTI2007

loccusst said:
That took so long to load I felt like I was back to using a 56k dial up modem. They seemed to focus on the Focus ST more than the car that one the strange report. They are a bit slow on the 1/4 mile time for the GTI (maybe because it is a 5door) and forgot to mention that the GTI has Reccarro seats as well.

The GTI doesn't have Recaro seats like the ST in the review. The only Golf that has Recaro seats standard is the R32

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
those are horrible 1/4 mile times from every car considering the power to weight ratio.. they need better drivers

GTI2007

According to the analysis score of 162 out of 200, the higher the better, for the GTI in opposite of 160 for the Focus ST and 152 for the Cooper S and with a comparison score of 12 out of 20, the lower the better, in opposite of 16 for the Focus ST and 20 for the Cooper S I think that the GTI is the absolute winner of this review.

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
The civic is a torqueless wonder although it's a super handler. The mini is almost unfairly equipped given that it's a works package with a hardcore suspension under it. If the car were a toy, that would be fun but not as a primary driver... Having said that, the gti is far and away the most desirable car in the comparison IMO, even though the mini wasn't a really fair comparison.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Nice read! Super bandwidth too!

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
so the focus is faster

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I could of sworn we had recarro in the GTI. I know the R32 has the racing bucket looking recxarro but I thought that these were just designed differantly.