GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad news on my new GTI!

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I've had my GTI for 5 days with 618 miles on it. Earlier this afternoon on my way to lunch, my DSG transmission decided to die on me. It happened right after I was stopped at a light. As soon as I moved, my DSG stopped shifting and I was stuck on what seems to be 1st gear. I quickly moved to a parking lot and tried to manuever myself. Surprisingly, my reverse had stopped working. The CEL light came on and the P N R D S lights started flashing on and off. And to top it all off, it was raining! WHAT KIND OF SH1T IS THIS?!?! I am so pissed!

Do you guys know if I can ask my dealer for a new GTI? I really don't want this particular car back! Please help!

BTW, my car is bone stock.. it isn't chipped or modded in anyway. This was one of the first questions Archer VW asked me. Oh yeah... Archer VW gave me a freakin neon from enterprise rent a car to replace me GTI. That is so freakin insulting.. I didn't have time to argue cuz I had to go to one of my clients that I was already late for.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
wow, that really sucks!!

I hope that vw takes care of this right away!! If its a transmission problem, I would think that just replacing the trans - or if its a simple fix that repairing will solve everything.. Having a trans problem doesnt really mean that the car is bad..

Best of luck, and keep us updated of what exactly happened/went wrong.

katie

Autocross Champion
You're from Houston also. I test drove from Archer but still ended up getting mine from Clear Lake. How are you driving your car anyways? If anything, call VoA and complain. I'm sure they can figure something out.

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
the same thing happened to one of my friends he only had 700 miles on it and i've heard problems with the dsg from other people.

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
trick000 said:
BTW, my car is bone stock.. it isn't chipped or modded in anyway. This was one of the first questions Archer VW asked me.

Good thing there...the last thing you need right now is the dealer trying to back out on a warranty issue.

That is bad news on the tranny, and hopefully it is a simple fix.:frown:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
you sure u didnt have the handbrake(e) on a little bit as i know if that is on it wont shift out of first gear at all.

SSS_Hoon

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
One of the reasons I didn't get the DSG. My mom has a brand new bug with the triptronic and had nothing but problems at first. Wouldn't go into gear or stay in park. They finally just put a new tranny in. Hope everything works out well for you...good luck.

Peterrrrrrrrr

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Launchcontrol?

On this site there's a movie from Japan. They talk about launchcontrol on a dsg. I did not know it was on it. They talk about putting the gear into "S", break and your other foot on the gas till 3.000 rpm's, them let go your left foot of the break.
After reading the treat of the guy who's DSG is broken after one day, i wonder if this okay for your car.......can anybody explain please?

PS. I will get my Golf DSG black magic the end of may

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Sounds like a computer problem, probably not the transmission itself. No way will you stand a chance in getting a new car unless the dealership decides you deserve it. That can be a long drawn out process with VofA.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
trick000 said:
Do you guys know if I can ask my dealer for a new GTI? I really don't want this particular car back!

No, VW does not owe you a new car. They owe you to fix it. This is likely a fairly simple contol component fault, IMO. May be fixed in a couple of hours my a mechanic who knows DSG.

sledgod

Autocross Newbie
My Golf died too after 10000km with a rare engine fault, I tried and tried and tried but no way were they giving me a new car.

They did give me a drive on a race circuit in a Golf GTI Cup car as compensation (or to see if i could blow that engine too !!!)

ps if you are waiting for imported spares from germany you should make your dealership parts manager your friend. VW logistics is slow slow slow.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
eek sucks to see a fellow houstonian going through this nonsense. i hope it all get resolved soon, dont forget to visit us at www.europeanag.com im sure theyd like to know about ur story.

if u need anything, feel free to hit me up.

alf

AlphAZender

Drag Race Newbie
NorthGTI said:
No, VW does not owe you a new car. They owe you to fix it. This is likely a fairly simple contol component fault, IMO. May be fixed in a couple of hours my a mechanic who knows DSG.

I disagree. They owe him a car that works period. Trick check on Lemon laws in your state. Personally I would not put up with this, esp for what they are asking for these cars.