GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 Eclipse GT vs. MKV GTI?

tstalion79

Autocross Newbie
the eclipse is a significantly faster car. both cars being fwd, you can't really go by 0-60 times to judge a cars ability to accelerate; you need to look at trap speeds in the 1/4 mile. 100 mph vs. 94-95 is a very big difference. There is no debate here. The eclipse keeps up the likes of STI's and 350z's from a roll on the highway. No way our GTI's can do that.

tstalion79

Autocross Newbie
gdzlla4602 said:
Very close race, with the APR reflash the GTI would kill it!!!! I can't wait.

not true.

a) stock to stock, it would not be a very close race

b) with the APR reflash it would be a very close race. Both cars would be trapping about 100 mph.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
gdzlla4602 said:
what are your thoughts? From what i have seen the 0-60 times for the GTI are better.

I would not care if the Eclipse can reach the speed of light in 5 seconds. It is very unattractive and I would cringe everyday seeing it when I walk toward it.

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
I think both the new GTI and the new eclipse are both great cars. Before I saw the GTI commercial one fateful night, I would have most likely bought an eclipse. They're great cars, powerful, stylish, and a gem in the tuner market. I think overall, the GTI is a much more well rounded car, and looking back I wouldn't want any other car than my GTI.

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
as much as an eclpise cost why not consider an EVO

FlyinGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a 2003 Eclipse GTS and was looking into getting the Eclipse GT. I test drove the Eclipse and checked everything out. Then I drove the GTI. The GTI was superior in every facet, in my opinion, better performance, handling, interior, features, and price. For me the GTI was the way to go.

gdzlla4602

Autocross Champion
My friend doesn't want to accept the fact that everytime he gets a new car that he thinks is badass,then i get one down the road a little later and my car will be quicker than his, with less pwr. Expl: my 02' SI (160hp)vs. his 2000 GT eclipse(200hp auto).

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
And to think, i was looking at a RSX Type-S, Almost bought a Cooper S, and looked at an Eclipse.... I'm glad i did what i did, i pulled up next to an eclipse the other day, i think i threw up in my mouth a little :-D

tstalion79

Autocross Newbie
gdzlla4602 said:
My friend doesn't want to accept the fact that everytime he gets a new car that he thinks is badass,then i get one down the road a little later and my car will be quicker than his, with less pwr. Expl: my 02' SI (160hp)vs. his 2000 GT eclipse(200hp auto).

your car isnt quicker than his