GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Filler panels on New MKV front bumper

FastLane

Go Kart Newbie
One of mine poped loose. It snaped rite back in but i'm wondering why they are even there.

Anyone know what they are for? Looks like lights belong in there.

Thanks
Lane

Thanks
Lane

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
FastLane said:
One of mine poped loose. It snaped rite back in but i'm wondering why they are even there.Anyone know what they are for? Looks like lights belong in there.

Are we taking the black grills in the lower section or the color matched rub strips and headlight washer covers in the bumper face?

The black grills are mostly appearance and some aerodynamics.

The front would look too blunt if all body color and the openings need to be mostly closed to improve aerodynamics (like taped up NASCAR fronts)

FastLane

Go Kart Newbie
NorthGTI said:
Are we taking the black grills in the lower section or the color matched rub strips and headlight washer covers in the bumper face?

The black grills are mostly appearance and some aerodynamics.

The front would look too blunt if all body color and the openings need to be mostly closed to improve aerodynamics (like taped up NASCAR fronts)

Thanks NorthGTI. I gues i'm refering to the rub strips and washer cover.
i think that answers the question :)
thanks

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
wait.. which bit? (picture would b good)

FastLane

Go Kart Newbie
GTI2007 said:
If my understanding of his word are correct I think he means the line next to the headlight washcover

WOW.. How did you do that? Mine was poped out a bit so i pushed it back in
but i had no idea it did that!

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Cleans your headlamps. Pretty amazing to watch, actually, since they go out really far - I got my friend to turn them on for me while I was standing outside the car, they extend by like a half a foot! Pretty cool that they can do that at 85+mph as well. Powerful arms.

destroyboredom

Autocross Newbie
The only part that sucks is that overspary gets all over your car. It only sprays when your headlights are on. It will do it the first time you run your windshield wiper fluid (w/ lights on), then every 5th time after that. Resets each time you turn the car off.

FastLane said:
WOW.. How did you do that? Mine was poped out a bit so i pushed it back in
but i had no idea it did that!

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
destroyboredom said:
The only part that sucks is that overspary gets all over your car. It only sprays when your headlights are on. It will do it the first time you run your windshield wiper fluid (w/ lights on), then every 5th time after that. Resets each time you turn the car off.

This is why I've gotten a bad habit of briefly cutting my beams to manual Off and applying the spray. Means my bonnet doesn't get all messy and looks clean.
Of course, there's nothing wrong with this tactic during the day, but it's a bit more harrowing at night...
think that bit out of Batman Begins - he's gone!

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
FastLane said:
WOW.. How did you do that? Mine was poped out a bit so i pushed it back in but i had no idea it did that!

Time to read the owner's manual. There may be other things you are missing!