GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID Bulbs??

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Hmm.... SO i love the white look of Xenon bulbs, but i would still love a more intense color, i was looking through the post in the photo section, but i still have some questions. What K bulbs produce the most visible light, and what bulbs would you recomend for street use. Also would i need to make any wiring changes, and where can i find the bulbs.
~Thanks

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
no more than 6000K if u want the most light.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
RJS5689 said:
Hmm.... SO i love the white look of Xenon bulbs, but i would still love a more intense color, i was looking through the post in the photo section, but i still have some questions. What K bulbs produce the most visible light, and what bulbs would you recomend for street use. Also would i need to make any wiring changes, and where can i find the bulbs.
~Thanks

Are you looking for new bulbs for your HID units or the white color replacement bulbs for the standard light units?

GTI2007

according to his pic I think he just wants to change his original 4300 K xenon bulbs to xenon bulbs with a little higher K value so he has a more white light then with the stock xenon bulbs.

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
There are several great tutorials on xenon bulb replacement on the internet, you should read a few before you buy bulbs. From the several I have read, Philips makes the best bulbs, bar none. avoid the cheapo bulbs that you see on eBay.

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
There are two main types of HID bulbs to my knowledge. D2S and D2R. The compatible ones with the GTI are D2S. This is for a true HID system, not the cheapy HID look alike bulbs you can get.

*EDIT: Unfortunatly neither are very cheap. Most seem to run about $160/pr for Philips, which from what I've read is the best choice.

excal06

Autocross Champion
What's a good website to get this Phillips bulb? And is it just plug and play or we need to modify some wiring? Thanks

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
big papa said:
If they are plug and play, I wouldn't mind having a pair of the more blue or purple for cruise nights.

From everything I have read about HID bulbs, blue=bad. The blue tinted ones, anyway.