GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RPM @ 100km/h or 62mph?

GTI2007

According to the information I saw off the European GTI the rpm for 100 km/h or 62 mph are for the DSG:

3rd @ 5000 rpm
4th @ 3600 rpm
5th @ 2800 rpm
6th @ 2400 rpm

and for the 6MT:

3rd @ 4800 rpm
4th @ 3600 rpm
5th @ 2800 rpm
6th @ 2400 rpm

davesee

FIA GT Champion
GTI2007 said:
According to the information I saw off the European GTI the rpm for 100 km/h or 62 mph are for the DSG:

3rd @ 5000 rpm
4th @ 3600 rpm
5th @ 2800 rpm
6th @ 2400 rpm

and for the 6MT:

3rd @ 4800 rpm
4th @ 3600 rpm
5th @ 2800 rpm
6th @ 2400 rpm

Those sound right.. I forgot to check on my lunch break.

mouch

Drag Race Newbie
Hi everyone.

I'm going to buy my GTI Monday or Tuesday. I was wondering, is it noisy on the highway? Do you hear the engine too much at 2400 RPM to enjoy long-distance cruising? What about wind noise?

Thanks.

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
mouch said:
Hi everyone.

I'm going to buy my GTI Monday or Tuesday. I was wondering, is it noisy on the highway? Do you hear the engine too much at 2400 RPM to enjoy long-distance cruising? What about wind noise?

Thanks.

Cant even hear the exhaust. Just road noise.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
very quiet car, kinda tight on the bumps for a real long trip. wont stop me from taking one, might keep my wife from going with thou, WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!! kinda hard to hear the sound of the engine with all that yacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mouch

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks guys!

100 km/h in 2nd, eh? DSG seems pointless now - no need to even change gears! :biggrin:

Going to the dealership with my brother tomorrow - turns out he's getting one too (4 door with DSG though), so we're going to try and get a deal by buying at the same time.

sniperviperman

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
none
vmax each gear:
1'st: 64km/h
2'nd: 106km/h
3'rd: 145km/h
4'th: 189km/h
5'th: 235km/h
6'th: 295km/h and with a special tuning program 340+km/h

I did try vmax in gear 1 to 4 and it's correct :biggrin:

MichaelM

Ready to race!
sniperviperman said:
vmax each gear:
1'st: 64km/h
2'nd: 106km/h
3'rd: 145km/h
4'th: 189km/h
5'th: 235km/h
6'th: 295km/h and with a special tuning program 340+km/h

I did try vmax in gear 1 to 4 and it's correct :biggrin:

Eheheheh, so first gear is enough for city traffic here in Germany as max is 50 km/h (officially, though 55-58 km/h is O.K. as well)

Are there fuel consumption tables as well!?
I think driving 50 km/h in first gear eats tons of fuel ehehehe :thumbup:

sniperviperman

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
none
well uhmm.. I only use it to eat up the guy next to me waiting at the red light. if you reff all the way to 64km/h in 1'st gear and then SLAM it in 2'nd, the speedometer jumps from 64 to 85 in an instand. your front tires squeek, your back tires make a bang and you feel the back dropped to the ground. This trick can only be done with a manual gearbox, not with the DSG. you actualy hear a 'sonic' boom inside your car, b'cause it sounds like it, when switching gear to 2'nd. doing this also manage you to do 0-100 km/h in 6 seconds flat.. and no, my car is not tuned. try it yourself.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
sniperviperman said:
well uhmm.. I only use it to eat up the guy next to me waiting at the red light. if you reff all the way to 64km/h in 1'st gear and then SLAM it in 2'nd, the speedometer jumps from 64 to 85 in an instand. your front tires squeek, your back tires make a bang and you feel the back dropped to the ground. This trick can only be done with a manual gearbox, not with the DSG. you actualy hear a 'sonic' boom inside your car, b'cause it sounds like it, when switching gear to 2'nd. doing this also manage you to do 0-100 km/h in 6 seconds flat.. and no, my car is not tuned. try it yourself.

Someone take his license. I wonder how much it costs to replace the 'box in a MKV???