GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Launch Control with DSG

Sauceboy01

Touring Car Newbie
kidkusu said:
hey thanks man, nuttin wrong wit being narrow minded, I too am a manual man, but the DSG is just sick. I have a 91 vette with a 6 speed and ill till you that manual is the shiznit but this DSG shifts so fast it is unbelievable. not to mention the paddle shift to go along with the DSG on the steering wheel. It was either the DSG or the NAV and i went with the DSG, but like i said i still have much :respekt: for the Manuals

Very Kool man! are the downshifts just as fast?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Sauceboy01 said:

Shifts for the DSG take place in as little as 0.08s... both up and down. There's another post somewhere in the forum about how DSG works, a very interesting read.

:burnrubber: <--- got launch control in my UK GTI... and it's eeeevil :biggrin:

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Sauceboy01 said:

Dude the shifts are instantaneous, there is no engine rev dosn time what so ever. You can also put the DSG into a Sport mode and the whole shift bandwidth takes the gears up to an even higher shift point for more acceleration. there is also the Kick (something or another) that when the pedal is floored the tranny will ot shift until max RPM is attained for maximum acceleration. Like I said much props to the manual in me but the DSG is :evil:

glasgow_ffm

Go Kart Newbie
How to make a start using a "launch control"
(which is actually included in each DSG):

1. turn off ESP, select "S"-mode
2. stand with your left foot on the brake
3. at the same time floor the throttle with your right foot (rpm won't get over 3000/min)
4. when u want to start, release the brake, and at the same time try to "lift up" your right foot a wee bit to avoid wheelspin without lifting it up to much (this maybe will need some time and practice)
5. :headbang:

kosmo6 was right so far .. definitely works, tried that last year several times.

Cheers

dmclone

Oval Champion
glasgow_ffm said:
How to make a start using a "launch control"
(which is actually included in each DSG):

1. turn off ESP, select "S"-mode
2. stand with your left foot on the brake
3. at the same time floor the throttle with your right foot (rpm won't get over 3000/min)
4. when u want to start, release the brake, and at the same time try to "lift up" your right foot a wee bit to avoid wheelspin without lifting it up to much (this maybe will need some time and practice)
5. :headbang:

kosmo6 was right so far .. definitely works, tried that last year several times.

Cheers

I tried this last night and it didn't work for me.

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
Not even in Mexico, we don´t have the lunch control, I hope APR works on this new program so we can have it in this America´s version GTI and GLI.

Cheers

Ricardo

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
From the information I read, and darn if it slips my mind where, the Launch Control cant just be programmed into the DSG here. Apparantly it uses a different control program and such all together and what I've read was to actually change it over to have the Launch Control the DSG has to be opened up and something changed inside. Could be complete BS, but if it's true it would suck. The euro DSG has other differences other than the Launch Control it seems.

Mezz had a nice FAQ post awhile back.
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012&highlight=DSG

Good info in it.