GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's Official 5-Door on Order

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
^ Agreed! :clap:

And yes, I also test drive too often. I feel like I'm abusing the dealers sometimes... But its all that keeps me sane in my wait and helps me decide on color, package, and tranny (or so I tell myself).

Anybody have any word on availabitly of the 5 door? Are we looking at a lower production run vs. the 3 door?

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
azmcs said:
Um..., er.... that 's what this whole thread is about?
No kidding that this thread is about general availability, but that is not my question, try again big guy. I am asking whether the 5 door will have the same availabitily as the 3 door, or whether, instead, it will be limited in the US seeing as American's are stupid and don't like hatchbacks, especially those with FIVE doors.

An answer to my question would be nice, but apparently you only have smart ass comments and nothing of substance to add. But thanks anyway, you really add something special to this thread. :clap:

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
No word on production availability of 5 vs 3 door. Nice mature response BTW :thumbdown:

UNCbigM said:
No kidding that this thread is about general availability, but that is not my question, try again big guy. I am asking whether the 5 door will have the same availabitily as the 3 door, or whether, instead, it will be limited in the US seeing as American's are stupid and don't like hatchbacks, especially those with FIVE doors.

An answer to my question would be nice, but apparently you only have smart ass comments and nothing of substance to add. But thanks anyway, you really add something special to this thread. :clap:

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
UNCbigM said:

Sorry I misunderstood your question. And as stated by A41.8QT above, no one knows.

As an aside, try to control the verascity of your responses. I was not trying to make smart ass comments, just was unclear what you were asking. And, as to adding to the thread, I started the thread.

Cheers.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thanks for starting it...now go away if you're not going to add something useful :biggrin:

azmcs said:
And, as to adding to the thread, I started the thread.

Cheers.

windkaze

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
5 Door GTI ordered

Just ordered over the phone 5 door black GTI package 1 (leather,DSG,moon, not sat.) Was given "Commission #" to reference. Delivery in 2 months.

Does this sound legit?

azmcs

windkaze said:
Just ordered over the phone 5 door black GTI package 1 (leather,DSG,moon, not sat.) Was given "Commission #" to reference. Delivery in 2 months.

Does this sound legit?

Maybe?????

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
The thing that makes no sense, is that how do you know ( unless you are paying cash ) what this will cost you in the end? The lease programs might suk in 2 months...or they might take away owner appreciation...or they might do this, or that. Seems very risky to me. I work at a dealership, so I could say to my customers...you will pay X for the car, but I can't...cause there isn't any pricing available from VW to me yet? Is anyone getting prices, or are the dealers just saying they will order it for you..see you when it comes in B.S.????

azmcs

jesterjay said:
The thing that makes no sense, is that how do you know ( unless you are paying cash ) what this will cost you in the end? The lease programs might suk in 2 months...or they might take away owner appreciation...or they might do this, or that. Seems very risky to me. I work at a dealership, so I could say to my customers...you will pay X for the car, but I can't...cause there isn't any pricing available from VW to me yet? Is anyone getting prices, or are the dealers just saying they will order it for you..see you when it comes in B.S.????

Me personally? I am paying a set amount over invoice. My dealer will honor the current loyalty program even if it goes away between now and then. I put money down to get this quarantee, and to make sure I don't end up paying a premium if the cars are very high demand.

Don't know what eveyone else is doing.

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
That's so weird. So if they say that they will sell the car for $200 over invoice...and then the owner appreciation goes away ( which by the way it nolonger exists for the GTI ) then they sell it to you for under invoice???? I guess if they just get the car in for you, then it might not matter as they are not floorplanned for it yet....but if it's an in stock unit, then the are giving the car away. And that doesn't fall on you...their fault for making that deal. It just has a ton of loop holes that I hope they don't pull out on you. Good Luck. I'm pulling for you.

windkaze

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
My guy also said "$100 over invoice subject to regional costs". So he has lots of outs. I have not put anything down, yet, or have anything in writing, yet. Will visit with him this weekend. How much did AZMCS put down, and what did you get in writing?

Interesting the pack 1 a supposedley ordered, does not include satelite but does have leather and moon, plus DSG. What are you getting?