GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should i get it

Mossad67

Passed Driver's Ed
I know that the VW has better initial quality, and fit and finish (awesome interior). I just dont want to deal with VW's notorious electrical problems. However, i do think that since the car has been around for two years, and its being built in Europe i really have nothing to worry about. So probally around the start of april i will be driving a new GTi with a DSG.

Cjeckert

Drag Racing Champion
All ill say is if you read a porsche forum you'd be scared shitless about buying one honestly on vwvortex and other forums it is a small number of people griping about small problems and a even smaller people who are unfortionant enough to get a car with a defect which is by design inevitable and no higher really then most new cars.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
What?! I always thought the Mazda had the "cooler" looking interior.
The MS3 is said to be FF turbo with 270 bhp. That is insane, but I think there will be insane torque steer too. They are trying to counter this with a LSD.

If you get a Mazda3, get the hatchback... please. The sedan(saloon) version is not appealing.

Mazda's OEM clutch lasts for a lifetime... literally. They seem to never fault unless you drive the nuts off it.

My fast won me over.

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
You often find you only hear about the bad things on forums Never the good.

It's always worth remembering that forums are world wide things with members from many different countries and forums often have many thousands of members each, You also often find its the same member that posts there problem on many different forums not always under the same username.
Its worth remembering that for the many fault free happy owners out there its normally only the ones that have problems that you hear about.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Didi you guys see in Motor Trend that the Mazda 3 is targeting the GTI crowd next year? They are going to be giving it like 250hp out of a turbo and calling it the Mazda 3speed.

sarny

Ready to race!
From what I have read the Mazdaspeed 3 should come out this summer or fall. There should be more info about it at the New York auto show next week. I hope the 5 door GTI is there as well.

VDubs

Passed Driver's Ed
So what exactly are you comparing again? Mazda 3 or mazdaspeed 3 and GTI? I am guessing it's just the plain mazda 3. I think that the 3 is an awesome car. For the money and what it is, it's hard to find a better value. Though I think the package 0 GTI is that better value.

If you were looking at a 2.5L Golf and comparing it to the mazda 3, I would probably give the edge to the mazda. It's like a GTI w/out the power and nice interior, but still sporty and tossable. But the GTI is th next logical progression from th Mazda 3. Mazda obviously realized this, and is bringing out the mazdaspeed 3. Now, this is the car to watch. I really have no opinion on what is better. I think the mazdaspeed will be a wicked choice regardless. I don't think I'd get rid of my GTI for one though.

jeff_faye_lo

Autocross Newbie
ok, if you are thinking of Mazda3, it has no power compared to Gti, so it's a no brainer, Gti wins.

if you are thinking of Mazdaspeed3, then now we are talking.
BUT, my concern would be, how often do you see a turbo-charged mazda before? I mean, Mazda is only famous in the rotational engine, and they are not experienced on the turbo thing yet.

furthermore, how well does the mazda3 chasis respond to the turbo engine? there are lots of unknowns in there.

Gti owns MS3 good in this race.

FYI, Gti's 2.0 turbo was borrowed from Audi, not made by VW if you are wondering.

jeff_faye_lo

Autocross Newbie
maybe i was being biased on the previous post about Gti winning Mazda3.

I would suggest you to visit some Mazda3 forum and make your own decision.