GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 for US

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
According to Automobile May 2006, the U.S. is getting the 3.2L VR6 engine and not the 3.6L VR6. Supposedly due to problems fitting the 3.6 in the engine bay, and I would assume as previously stated in Car and Driver May 2006 the DSG that would fit, can not handle the 3.6L VR6. Ahh well, guess we'll have to deal with the 3.2L. At least there's already upgrades for that, such as EIP Tuning and HPA motorsports.

:burnrubber:

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
3.2 litres is more than enough for a wacking great S500 merc.

surely no one needs to go faster from 0 - 62 than 6.2 seconds?

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
Gee, if they can fit it in an Audi TT, you would think a GTI would be no problem. Perhaps VW thinks it would steal sales from the upcoming TT with the 3.6.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I am glad I didn't wait and just went with the current 2.0t GTI.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
davis_grad said:
Gee, if they can fit it in an Audi TT, you would think a GTI would be no problem.

The new TT may be more Passat based than Golf based. Recall the new Passat is wider than the Golf, but uses a derivitive chassis of the Golf.

bilbos

On the Kop
NorthGTI said:
The new TT may be more Passat based than Golf based. Recall the new Passat is wider than the Golf, but uses a derivitive chassis of the Golf.

The new TT has just been unveiled in Germany and is a bit bigger than the old one so may well be based on the Passat floorplan.
Initially only two engines to choose from with the 2.0T from the GTI and the current 3.2 V6.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
wait a seck, theres already the R36 out in dubaid with the 3.6 isnt there?

i mean, the only difference between the previous gen 32 and this 32 would be just a few slight handling characteristics.

alf

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Most recent info says the MKV R32 will be a 5-door 3.2 w/DSG and about 250hp. So basically an Audi A3 3.2 in a GTI body. I'm not impressed if that turns out to be true.

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
A41.8QTM said:
Most recent info says the MKV R32 will be a 5-door 3.2 w/DSG and about 250hp. So basically an Audi A3 3.2 in a GTI body. I'm not impressed if that turns out to be true.

Agree. I may consider a R36 if they come here, but I will stay clear of a $30-35k dollar golf! :wink: