GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I just thought I would share - R32 content

918hare

Go Kart Champion
While I was down in Tucson, AZ and cruising to starbucks I saw this.....sorry all I had was my cell phone

:eyebulge:

Just in case you did not figure it out it is a 4 door R32

GTI2007

I think it's a imported European version of the R32 not the NA R32 because of the big opening for the number plate on the rear bumper and also for the much lower ride height. I also can't see any front side blinkers. So I think it's an imported EU version of the R32.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
actually no, 2 years ago my neighbor was chosen to "test and survey" the new MkV golf here in the states. he test drove it for a week, they gave him the keys and told him to go at it. and complete the survey at the end of the week. they even paid him to do so.

i think this guy is prob surveying the car for U.S. use and feel like my neighbor.

alf

edit: also damn good pics for a cell phone.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
it has to be imported. we may not even get the r32, if we do get it, will probably be the r36, and we havent even gotten the 4 door golf yet, so it cant be a rebadged, repainted, rebumpered (new word) golf with euro R32 wheels if he tried.

what a lucky, rich sob...me = jealous

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
interesting...i believe that will make more people just go for the GTI instead of waiting for a heavier R32 in the future

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
ok i may be off base...but i actually think that is a US model and its a VW test car...for startes why the hell would someone that imported their r32 and drive from Cali to AZ?...i know for sure in hell i wouldnt put that kinda mileage on my imported r32...also take a close look at the tag...its looks like it says Dealer or something on the side of the numbers

maybe someone from cali knows what it says

but i really think its like the cars u see in the mags that have had spy photos taken of them

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
another question i just thought of, did you (918hare) get out and look up close? Im wondering if it was a DSG or a MT, if it is a test car then maybe we would have some early insight into which tranny they were gonna put into the car for NA(werent there abunch of polls on 'tex about which tranny should be in the r32?).

918hare

Go Kart Champion
zerogt86 said:
another question i just thought of, did you (918hare) get out and look up close? Im wondering if it was a DSG or a MT, if it is a test car then maybe we would have some early insight into which tranny they were gonna put into the car for NA(werent there abunch of polls on 'tex about which tranny should be in the r32?).

I did not get out and check it out, I went in starbucks planning to go back and walk over to check it out and as I left it was driving away.

Really if you were in that car would you want a chevy tahoe, that is fully marked a a police K9 vehicle blocking your test vehicle.....I think not
:laugh:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
freek may be onto something...good eyes on the cali plate. seems like it could be very true, but the bumper with the wide opening for a euro tag throws me off a bit. guess if it was a test car for the us, it probably would still be euro spec, but i dunno. anyone else know more about those test vehicles?