GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sun Scratches

amir

Go Kart Champion
You know when the sun shines on your nice clean car and there are thousands of tiny circular scratches on it (very noticable on black)?? Any one know how to prevent it and even more importantly get rid??:iono:

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
By properly cleaning a car? Dont use cloth car washes

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
this is all in the territory with having a car, dont worry about em.

its not perfect, try a clay bar though :D

alf

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
alf said:
this is all in the territory with having a car, dont worry about em.

its not perfect, try a clay bar though :D

alf

Clay bar will not take the swirls out of a clar coat. Clay bar is to clean the contaiminents from the clear coat. Baked on dirt and dust basically.

To take out the swirls you need to polish your paint. I don't mean wax, I mean polish. See my post here:
http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1371

You can skip down to the info about swirls and polishing if you want. Also you do not need to caly your car prior to polishing as the bite from the polish will do far more work than the clay. Do wash it first though. I would start with a moderat grit like Sonus SFX-2 and then go to SFX-1 if you don't get the swirls out. If that doesn't work you can do spot touch up with something like Meguiar's scratch-X but don't go right to that. It will dull you clear coat and you will need to step-wise buff this back out. Also using something like Zaino after polishing rather than a carnuba wax is gonan work to help fill micro-abrasions in the clear coat. Zaino Z-5 is specifically for this. But see the post above for the whole Zaino thing.

Also swirls are a normal effect of dust and debric stiking the car. You can help minimize them by only using terry cloth wash mits or microfiber mitts as wella s all microfiber towels. Stay clear of grandma's old bath towel. It will kill you paint.