GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what is this?

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
TeknoGroover said:
It's not refridgerated like the Passat.

Please explain. How is the Passat different? If you take air from the AC output and send it to the glovebox, it's "refridgerated". What is different in the GTI/Golf/Jetta?

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
On a recent trip to hershey, Pa I filled the glovebox with chocolate just to test this feature...it worked great. I even put one that was all warm and mushy in and it cooled it right off. The downside is that it works the same with the heat on, so be warned. I did find, however, that with the vent closed, it stops the air quite well. I would suggest any of you that wear lipstick (or lip balm if you rather) should refrain from putting in the glove box and arm rest, for if you forget it's in there you might have a mess. I say this because of a round of swearing my girlfriend uttered when she discovered she forgot a $22 lipstick in her glovebox......

Stephen_uk

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sport
air comes out of it all the time (according to the setting u have it on for example footwell, face etc)

Obviously having the A/c on will make it even more cooler. But air does come out of it evein if a/c is off.

plac

GTI Master
Stephen_uk said:
air comes out of it all the time (according to the setting u have it on for example footwell, face etc)

Obviously having the A/c on will make it even more cooler. But air does come out of it evein if a/c is off.

unless you turn the little dial to close it... which is seen in the pic.

JonTewks

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
is there a way to only route cold air into the glovebox and not have it blowing in the car as well, say if you wanted the windows down?

plac

GTI Master
JonTewks@gmail.com said:
is there a way to only route cold air into the glovebox and not have it blowing in the car as well, say if you wanted the windows down?

sure. close all your vents. and make sure your glovebox vent is open. and your A/C is on..

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
keeps your herbs nice and fresh....

Yeah it keeps my 'dro cold. I thought I was gonna get flamed for writing such a thing. At least there's 2 of us:smoking:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
You people are getting better and better about ressurecting an old thread vs starting a new one. Good find:thumbsup: