GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about iPod + Navi

katie

Autocross Champion
Since the factory cannot install the adaptor to my car cause I have navi installed, anybody know of any aftermarket mods for the iPod? I'm sick of using an Fm tuner. Thanks

Katie

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
omghi2kt said:
Since the factory cannot install the adaptor to my car cause I have navi installed, anybody know of any aftermarket mods for the iPod? I'm sick of using an Fm tuner. Thanks

Katie

you cant use the oem VW iPod kit?

KTi

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I have a MFD2 and am using Dension kit to hook up to my 3G iPod. Works well for the past 4 months.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
omghi2kt said:
Nope, they said that they can't install it.

i think theyre giving you a load... my dealer told me it could be installed on mine with navi, and even the documents they faxed me said that it could be done - it would just replace the cd changer

but i want to get a "switchable" one, to still have access to my changer

thestig

Go Kart Newbie
OK, this is what I wanted to know. You dump the changer for the iPod when you have NAV, right? To me that's fine - I don't care about the 6 disk thing. Of course I'll be rightly p/o'ed if I cannot control the iPod from the steering wheel.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
thestig said:
OK, this is what I wanted to know. You dump the changer for the iPod when you have NAV, right? To me that's fine - I don't care about the 6 disk thing. Of course I'll be rightly p/o'ed if I cannot control the iPod from the steering wheel.

This answered my question about loosing the cd changer. I posted above about the Euro option they get for the iPod.. Much better than what we are given.