GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

spacers.. anyone?

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
can anyone give me a picture version of how to remove the spacers please..

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Easy. Jack the car up if you want to and just pull. They are hard rubber and come out rather easy if you jack the car up. I was mad when I saw them so I just pulled without the car jacked up.

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
what are these spacers for?
and how is it bothersome are they??

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
My guess is to keep the cars steady/stable during transit.
As for how bothersome, I can't say since I do not have a GTI, but I would Imagine that there is a considerable difference in ride and handling with/without them. With them in, the suspension cannot work at like designed. So the ride is probably more bumpy and handling is worse.
At least that's my guess.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
There is a big differance in the ride quality around town. They are used when they transport the cars on the boats so the cars don't slam up and down.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
loccusst said:
There is a big differance in the ride quality around town. They are used when they transport the cars on the boats so the cars don't slam up and down.

^ what he said. :biggrin:

AngryFish

Go Kart Newbie
Two questions have been brought to mind by this.

First!

My gti was on stock 17's and after negotiation with the dealer he had the service dept throw 18's on it. Is there any way I can visually check to see if they put the proper bump stops in for the 18" rims? Also is there any chance that these things everyone is pulling out are the bump stops? ive never seen them so I dont know what they look like.