GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Panic

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
When you press the panic button on your key fob, what happens?

In my dad's Toyota Avalon, the alarm goes off. However, in my GTI, all I see are the lights that flash.... no alarms.

Is there something wrong with mine?
Go check yours now!

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
i want a panic button!!!

KaynE

I set ATA (auto-theft alarm system) to "On" in the Conv. menu, but the alarm still does not work when I press panic button.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
aznkukuboi said:
I set ATA (auto-theft alarm system) to "On" in the Conv. menu, but the alarm still does not work when I press panic button.

Does the alarm horn work? Does it honk when you lock the doors with the remote?

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
Mine will honk and the lights will flash when the panic button were press.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
aznkukuboi said:
Nope... my lights just flash and that's it.

there's I think a "Confirm" setting somewhere, and i do believe its under the "conv" settings

i found it once and it disabled the horn confirmation when locking doors, i re-enabled it and the horn once again honked to confirm the doors had been locked

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
if you dont confirm it gos back to whatever the prior setting was. Read the manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KaynE

davesee said:
there's I think a "Confirm" setting somewhere, and i do believe its under the "conv" settings

i found it once and it disabled the horn confirmation when locking doors, i re-enabled it and the horn once again honked to confirm the doors had been locked

lol... you are talking about the ATA Confirm section, and yes I have it "On."

I even put it back to factory settings and still the alarm doesn't work.
Oh well.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
aznkukuboi said:
lol... you are talking about the ATA Confirm section, and yes I have it "On." I even put it back to factory settings and still the alarm doesn't work. Oh well.

Did the alarm horn ever work since the car was new?