FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Trucks dont swim either...

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Just seems like more Bling than anything else to me.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Its sad though, because in my buddies 1.8T it sounds great in that GTI.

CopperAddict

Autocross Newbie
With the Carbonio intake, they supply a Pipercross foam filter to replace the factory air filter. That's why you have to remove the factory airbox.

I placed an order with APR earlier in March. They said they would be available on April 1st, and they were true to their word, mine showed up on March 31st.

The problem with a CAI in Illinois, is the weather, such unpredictable things as Snow?

Besides, I like to retain the factory look, since the car is still under warranty for another 48,000 miles........

I don't see dealers giving me a bunch of flack for a Carbonio. I do see them giving people a bunch of flack for a Nuespeed.

Pete

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
well how does it feel now though that the ecu got usto to it?? its not even a tad bit louder, you dont get the air sucking noise or the turbo spool??

baubaulu

Ready to race!
CopperAddict said:
I don't have a dyno nearby. And I didn't run the car on a dyno as stock to get a baseline anyways.

Pete

What is the difference between the orginal intake and your intake?

I am a new comer in GTI, also i dont know what is the use of boost gauge?

Also don't bring CAI in this subject. There are none for this car, but there are intake pipes with filter on the end, but they sit about 3 feet off the ground. I'm not gonna get a Carbonio because it's basically an OEM box on the front and a better filter. Just get a K&N Filter and leave the OEM air box on.

nomad

TeknoGroover said:
Also don't bring CAI in this subject. There are none for this car, but there are intake pipes with filter on the end, but they sit about 3 feet off the ground. I'm not gonna get a Carbonio because it's basically an OEM box on the front and a better filter. Just get a K&N Filter and leave the OEM air box on.

/agree completely.
:thumbsup: