GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Golf.. er Rabbit.. GTI.. whatever Vs. 2006 MB SLK

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Auf Wiedersehen! said:
I looked up performance specs on all the SLK models and it was definitely the 280 with 0-60 in 6.3 seconds. Oh well, I still think it's a great kill considering it has 2 more cylinders and considerably larger displacement (2.0 vs. 3.0); not to mention the price tag.

The 350 does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. The AMG 55 does it in 4.9 :eyebulge:

Don't ask what the SLR does it in then lol.

AlEkZ

Ready to race!
Bouston said:
Nice kill. I usually through a peace sign or thumbs up after a "fun run". If it's night time I'll just flash the highbeams a couple of times. I see it as a gesture of saying "Hey I had fun, see'ya later".

that's what I mean when I do the hazards too, kinda do hazards if i'm in front cuz he can't see my headlights and headlights if i'm at the rear.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I live in Coral Springs, didnt know there were so many sofla people on this board

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
conflicted said:
ok let me help this descusion out. he proably is lookin at the wrong year model my mom has an 05 slk 350 and a 99 slk 230 what u raced was a 230 most likely with the 1.8L supercarger.i think the power rating are like 189 hourses and 193 torque. it hits 62mph in 7.5 seconds with the tipronic trany. my brother raced my mom iwth his GTi and beat her but when she was in her new 350 it wasent even fair she pulled 2 cars right off the bat and kept slowly walking away the rest of the race. still nice kill but it wasent a new one or he just dident care....

:stupid:

I used to work at a Mercedes-Benz dealership. I know what model year it was :wink:

If he didn't care, (1) his engine wouldn't have been screaming and (2) he wouldn't have flashed his hazards at the end of the race.

2006CWGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
My bro smoked me pretty good last night, unfortunatley i was only shifting up to 4,500rpm and he drives a 2006 STI. But after I passed him about 5 minutes later in traffic i put on my flashers. I just laughed and flipped him off. :thumbup:

Accel

Rally Car Champion
BMWDavid said:
That had to have been an SLK 350 as it's the only way they come. (unless it is an AMG)

Yup, the new body style dosnt come in anything but SLK 55 AMG or SLK 350, my dad has one, I've driven it tons.

Sorry, but there is no way you can pull on that car.

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
dwl137 said:
the 06's have an SLK 280 as well. If it looks like the one above than it cant be and SLK 230 because the picture is of the new bodystyle. But who knows.

I pointed that out as well in post #14 on this thread. no one seemed to notice.

conflicted

Go Kart Newbie
ok so lets say it was a 350 then it proably was a manual and he sucked ass at shifting or missed a gear because the 350's kill stock gti's no problem they are made to run agenst the boxter S by porsche so unless you think you can hang with a boxter s there is no way u can hang with a 350 nough said as for 230 or the supposed 280's that everyone knows about but every MB dealer in oregon then mabey u won if so he was an idiot for racing a striped down mercedes its like racing a c 230 SS sure it looks fast but its not a true racer its like trying to race in a golf insted of a gti its just retarted.

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
conflicted said:
ok so lets say it was a 350 then it proably was a manual and he sucked ass at shifting or missed a gear because the 350's kill stock gti's no problem they are made to run agenst the boxter S by porsche so unless you think you can hang with a boxter s there is no way u can hang with a 350 nough said as for 230 or the supposed 280's that everyone knows about but every MB dealer in oregon then mabey u won if so he was an idiot for racing a striped down mercedes its like racing a c 230 SS sure it looks fast but its not a true racer its like trying to race in a golf insted of a gti its just retarted.

I can't believe that whole paragraph only has one period (at the end). I have no idea what you're saying. :confused:

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
conflicted said:
look at what time that was writen. Sorry if it wasent ontop of my game late at night, right after i got home from work.

Got it.

I read it over a few times and finally got an idea of what you were trying to say. I'll say it again: I'm 100% sure it was NOT a SLK230. I'm 100% sure it was a new-gen SLK. More than likely, it was a 280.

gdzlla4602

Autocross Champion
2006CWGTI
My bro smoked me pretty good last night, unfortunatley i was only shifting up to 4,500rpm and he drives a 2006 STI. But after I passed him about 5 minutes later in traffic i put on my flashers. I just laughed and flipped him off.
That sounds like something i would do to my friend with his 2006 Eclipse GT.:laughabove: