GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new audi TT - simple question

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
is the convertible version a hard top or a soft top?

GTI2007

There isn't a speedster version of the new Audi TT yet. At this moment you only can buy the coupe version of the new Audi TT.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
GTI2007 said:
There isn't a speedster version of the new Audi TT yet. At this moment you only can buy the coupe version of the new Audi TT.

What he said, but I'm sure I've read somewhere the convertible will be a folding steel roof.

bilbos

On the Kop
I have heard that the roadster will not be released until about this time next year in the UK. There is still some deliberation as to which type of roof it will have. I hope that it is a tin top.

The question is, when will it make it to the US? The roadster is very high on my shopping list.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
is it true that the new TT has the same engine as the golf GTI? its says its a 2 litre turbo FSI. the 0 - 60 is even faster than the GTI (probably cos the TT is lighter). so it might be more fun to go for this in a few years time rather than the GTI. especially the steel top version.

then again if i want the space and practicality, might have to be the 5dr GTI.

GTI2007

And also the fact that the 2.0 TFSI version of the Audi TT gonna be a lot expensiver then the GTI while it also like the A3 still wouldn't have quattro for the 2.0 TFSI version.

I saw prices for the base 2.0 TFSI 6 speed manual Audi TT in Germany of 31.000 €. That's converted and using the difference in money between the German GTI and the UK GTI something of a 25,800 £

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
GTI2007 said:
And also the fact that the 2.0 TFSI version of the Audi TT gonna be a lot expensiver then the GTI while it also like the A3 still wouldn't have quattro for the 2.0 TFSI version.

I saw prices for the base 2.0 TFSI 6 speed manual Audi TT in Germany of 31.000 €. That's converted and using the difference in money between the German GTI and the UK GTI something of a 25,800 £

The A3 Sportback here in Australia has the 2.0T FSI with quattro, as long as you like a manual... Goes for about $55,000 (as opposed to the $40,000 of the GTI)

Odd that there's no A3 2.0T FSI quattro in Europe...

Edit: Audi.co.uk shows 3 different versions of the 2.0T FSI quattro in the A3 range... I'd dare say they'll put the same drivetrain into the TT one day...

GTI2007

Kirium said:
The A3 Sportback here in Australia has the 2.0T FSI with quattro, as long as you like a manual... Goes for about $55,000 (as opposed to the $40,000 of the GTI)

Odd that there's no A3 2.0T FSI quattro in Europe...

Edit: Audi.co.uk shows 3 different versions of the 2.0T FSI quattro in the A3 range... I'd dare say they'll put the same drivetrain into the TT one day...

Sorry, I had the NA A3 and the EU A3 mixed up, cause the NA A3 has no quattro for the manual as for the DSG 2.0 TFSI version. We here in Europe also only have quattro for the 2.0 TFSI with the manual gearbox.

There are indeed 3 versions of the 2.0 TFSI A3 with Quattro but they all 3 have a manual gearbox. There are also 3 DSG versions of the 2.0 TFSI A3 which none of them has quattro.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
GTI2007 said:
There are indeed 3 versions of the 2.0 TFSI A3 with Quattro but they all 3 have a manual gearbox.

The way it should be... :burnrubber:

I'd better hide from the die-hard DSGers now... :biggrin:

GTI2007

Kirium said:
The way it should be... :burnrubber:

I'd better hide from the die-hard DSGers now... :biggrin:

I think about that the same way and those die-hard DSGers bark harder then they bite!! :bellyroll:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
im sure it will be just as it was with the previous gen TT...you had your standard 180 hp 1.8T as well as your 225 hp 1.8T, they may beef up the 2.0T in the TT, but same engine. a 3.6 VR6 would be very nice...drools...

bilbos

On the Kop
There may be an S and RS version of the new TT eventually. I don't think that they can keep the 3.2 V6 as top of the range for long. You might aswell stick the Mk 1 for that.